Is a 250 watt power supply enough for a 153watt estimated build?

So I am building my first PC(which is gaming orientated), with a budget of $350. the estimated wattage from the build is around 133. Would a 250 watt power supply that I scavenged from an HP Pentium 4 system be sufficient for the computer?

**Partslist* http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wz8TZL

250 is greater than 153, is it not? :) 

no but really, as long as you have a decent and reliable psu and arent trying to overclock that pentium on nitrogen, you will be fine.

No.

Get a good brand 650W.

Never cheap out on your PSU.

EDIT: I'm saying this because I would never touch a PSU coming out of a prebuilt machine, they're barely worth the metal they're housed in.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

So I am building my first PC(which is gaming orientated), with a budget of $350. the estimated wattage from the build is around 133. Would a 250 watt power supply that I scavenged from an HP Pentium 4 system be sufficient for the computer?

You will need to make sure the PSU can actually output a full 250W. Is it 80+ certified?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

No.

Get a good brand 650W.

Never cheap out on your PSU.

EDIT: I'm saying this because I would never touch a PSU coming out of a prebuilt machine, they're barely worth the metal they're housed in.

A good brand 650W? All he needs is around 200-300, something that high is a waste of money.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You will need to make sure the PSU can actually output a full 250W. Is it 80+ certified?

Nope, and I did a quick lookup online and realized that it's really only goes up to 168.. I'm just going to go get something retail lol

A good brand 650W? All he needs is around 200-300, something that high is a waste of money.

OK, well, a 500 or a 300 then. Just a good brand.

Besides, 650 gives him breathing room to upgrade someday.

that I scavenged from an HP Pentium 4 

That thing is old and has done its fair share of powering PCs. An old PSU might die, possibly taking the entire system with it and in extreme cases start a fire. 

Get a new PSU from a reputable brand. a Corsair or a bequiet! will set you back around 35 €.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Yeah I would go with that SeaSonic PSU but that leaves you with problems if you want to upgrade the system in the future because it's such a low wattage.

I will upgrade when Battlefront 3 is released

Get a 500W power supply. You won't really be gaming that well on BF3 with your system and I'm pretty sure you'll be upgrading eventually too.

**Partslist* http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wz8TZL

Wouldn't call that system gaming oriented. Save up longer and buy all the parts in one go. It's cheaper in the long run.

Also, if you're going with an APU, get some low-latency RAM. CL10 isn't that great, since your APU uses that as graphics memory.

Faster bus speeds and tighter timings will be noticable on APUs.

Atleast get a CX430M.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Here is a better system: list made by @CoolBeans but I changed it a little so it would be around $350

CPU: AMD A10-6790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($129.96 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-S1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($44.69 @ Amazon) 
Memory: PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($67.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.99 @ Mwave) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $368.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-06 14:46 EDT-0400

You're a good jokester. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Why don't you just buy a $300 - $350 laptop and save for a proper pc

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Why don't you just buy a $300 - $350 laptop and save for a proper pc

I already have a 300-350 laptop that can run games decently.

No.

Get a good brand 650W.

If you took a second to look at the parts list, you would realize how utterly pointless a 650w psu is..

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

I already have a 300-350 laptop that can run games decently.

So why even buy this low-end pc when your current laptop is probably on par or better

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Wouldn't call that system gaming oriented. Save up longer and buy all the parts in one go. It's cheaper in the long run.

Also, if you're going with an APU, get some low-latency RAM. CL10 isn't that great, since your APU uses that as graphics memory.

Faster bus speeds and tighter timings will be noticable on APUs.

Firstly, yes it it gaming oriented, I'm using it for gaming. I'm just trying to save money because I have a TV and tablet to replace.  Secondly, I got the motherboard and PC case for dirt cheap during black Friday, so I couldn't help myself to buying it. And what stick do you recommend in particular?

If you took a second to look at the parts list, you would realize how utterly pointless a 650w psu is..

OK?

He should still buy a good brand, regardless of watts. Besides, even if I said get a 500, it would leave OP headroom for upgrades in the future.

The partslist wasn't even there when I posted, if you would take a second to realize he edited that in.