Is a 250 watt power supply enough for a 153watt estimated build?

So why even buy this low-end pc when your current laptop is probably on par or better

Compared to my laptop, this will do TONS better. I'm obviously not expecting this to run Battlefield at everything high, but it will run the game well.

Firstly, yes it it gaming oriented, I'm using it for gaming. I'm just trying to save money because I have a TV and tablet to replace.  Secondly, I got the motherboard and PC case for dirt cheap during black Friday, so I couldn't help myself to buying it. And what stick do you recommend in particular?

Fair enough, that makes sense. I generally just advice against it since I used to roll that way but it always ended up being more of a hassle and costing more money.

For RAM I can't really recommend any sticks in particular, but try to see if you can find a 1600MHz CL8 or even CL7 stick. If you want to stick with 1833MHz, there should also be lower-latency options.

You can always try to see if you can play with the timings, should your BIOS allow it.

I originally asked this question since I have two ugly old systems from like 2005 laying around in my closet.

Fair enough, that makes sense. I generally just advice against it since I used to roll that way but it always ended up being more of a hassle and costing more money.

For RAM I can't really recommend any sticks in particular, but try to see if you can find a 1600MHz CL8 or even CL7 stick. If you want to stick with 1833MHz, there should also be lower-latency options.

You can always try to see if you can play with the timings, should your BIOS allow it.

Agreed, I facepalmed myself a little every time I saw a really nice processor that I could've bought if I didn't get myself stuck with an fm2+ board.. -_-

OK?

He should still buy a good brand, regardless of watts. Besides, even if I said get a 500, it would leave OP headroom for upgrades in the future.

The partslist wasn't even there when I posted, if you would take a second to realize he edited that in.

It says in the title that his components only require 153w.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

Compared to my laptop, this will do TONS better. I'm obviously not expecting this to run Battlefield at everything high, but it will run the game well.

Which GPU do you intend to use?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

No it won't. You need to save more, around 500 ish minimum. I'm sorry, but your build may be able to play it at low, but I'm not sure about fps

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Which GPU do you intend to use?

Currently my build will include an APU, but maybe in like November or a little after that I'm going to upgrade to a GPU and CPU. By then my choice would be like a R9 280 or GTX 770.

Currently my build will include an APU, but maybe in like November or a little after that I'm going to upgrade to a GPU and CPU. By then my choice would be like a R9 280 or GTX 770.

Don't buy anything until you can buy everything. Saves money. Don't buy stuff just to replace it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Don't buy anything until you can buy everything. Saves money. Don't buy stuff just to replace it.

@Trauma Llama you should consider this OP, it makes a lot of sense

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

No it won't. You need to save more, around 500 ish minimum. I'm sorry, but your build may be able to play it at low, but I'm not sure about fps

Expected performance would be around 40-60 fps on low But anyways I was using it as an example, I don't really think I'll be playing it very much.

@Trauma Llama you should consider this OP, it makes a lot of sense

I'm wishing I saved more before getting my rig in my profile, and it's much better than op's.

I'm wishing I saved more before getting my rig in my profile, and it's much better than op's.

I can go on eBay and spend an extra 80 bucks on my build and get a 7850, then we'd be equivalent on the GPU side. Big whoop.

I do have ze $$$

You really wanna play games on low setting? Trust me it's shit - What we're saying is save a little more and get something better

I can go on eBay and spend an extra 80 bucks on my build and get a 7850, then we'd be equivalent on the GPU side. Big whoop.

So? What does that have to do with anything?

You really wanna play games on low setting? Trust me it's shit - What we're saying is save a little more and get something better

I'd really wish I could but I have a $200 LG TV and  a $200 Dell tablet to replace <_<

I'll probably sell my xBox and capture card off and get an FX processor and a R7 260x or something.

I'd really wish I could but I have a $200 LG TV and a $200 Dell tablet to replace <_<

I'll probably sell my xBox and capture card off and get an FX processor and a R7 260x or something.

Then sell Xbox, and wait. Just wait and save.

So? What does that have to do with anything?

That I don't really need to spend more than I really care to.

That I don't really need to spend more than I really care to.

I don't see how that said that but OK...

You really will be disappointed if you don't spend enough

I rememer

I'd really wish I could but I have a $200 LG TV and  a $200 Dell tablet to replace <_<

Awesome man ultimately it's your choice, you need more help, feel free to come back and enquire

I don't see how that said that but OK...

You really will be disappointed if you don't spend enough

When Blackfriday comes I'm going to go on a shopping spree.

• 2 weeks later...

I rememer

Awesome man ultimately it's your choice, you need more help, feel free to come back and enquire

I've decided just to go down the CPU and discrete GPU route instead  :D

I've decided just to go down the CPU and discrete GPU route instead  :D

So what did you have in mind exactly?