Don't like black and red boards, but holy crap!

MSI posted a little teaser picture of a new board today. 

I'm not a fan of black and red boards, but the way that they've done this I/O is amazing. I'm hoping this sort of primarily black with very small red accents continues onto the rest of the board. If it does, we might have a black and red board that is genuinely very good looking. Would like to see I/O like this but in different colours, even though you never really see it xD

10551583_849534058414193_496991100530925

is that the new style (the intel 6/8 core) or is LGA 1150?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Source?

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

I like the I/O cover as you don't see the ugly chrome housings from the inside.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

is that the new style (the intel 6/8 core) or is LGA 1150?

MSI Gaming 9

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

that is the MSI Gaming 9 series 

you can see the embossed word on the cover

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Now I need new pants....

First time I've seen a z97 without display outputs.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I could have sworn I already saw this once.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Literally just a photo posted on Facebook by MSI. 

hmm could it be the teaser for the X99 Gaming 9?

edit:

connectivity-schema.jpg

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

MSI are absolutely killing it with the design of products recently, I love it.

Has a feeling that ASUS will kill MSI with design and looks....My opinion tho.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

hmm could it be the teaser for the X99 Gaming 9?

edit:

connectivity-schema.jpg

Dude I posted a link of what it was up there.

I dont get it, is the io cover soldered to the board orwhat? 

It has ports for WiFi... Which are generally seen on ITX?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Unless it's a revised version, it's not that board. The I/O layout and style is very different. 

Maybe but how many freaking boards are they releasing this is why I stay with ASUS I know them and I know how they work (company wise)

No, Asus has WiFi on their full ATX gaming boards.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not really many standard ASUS boards come with them.

That board is already on the market and it has different I/O.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Dude I posted a link of what it was up there.

Now that i see the gaming 9 the IO for the wifi card is placed differently

Unless it's a revised version, it's not that board. The I/O layout and style is very different. 

yea 

the wifi ports are on the right on the teaser picture

the current gaming 9 is on the left

post-53643-0-57538300-1407286603.jpg

Has a feeling that ASUS will kill MSI with design and looks....My opinion tho.

ASUS have had almost nothing but bad designs recently (obviously opinion). Their ROG Z97 boards look pretty bad and similar to MSI's old gaming boards. They had their stupid gold/yellow boards too. Their 5 Way Optimised boards have been alright though. 

EVGA have been getting very good with their boards too. Their Z97 Classified is near perfect in terms of looks to me. MSI's X99 SLI Plus is also very very close to looking perfect. 

No, Asus has WiFi on their full ATX gaming boards.

Those are normally through a daughter board.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME