Don't like black and red boards, but holy crap!

I personally prefer USB 3.0 to be red instead of blue.

They were apparently already designated for something, but nobody gave a clear answer as to what (the best I got was something to do with firewire). 

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

ASUS have had almost nothing but bad designs recently (obviously opinion). Their ROG Z97 boards look pretty bad and similar to MSI's old gaming boards. They had their stupid gold/yellow boards too. Their 5 Way Optimised boards have been alright though. 

EVGA have been getting very good with their boards too. Their Z97 Classified is near perfect in terms of looks to me. MSI's X99 SLI Plus is also very very close to looking perfect. 

Hmmm....in my opinion its the other way around but I like them just cause the ones I've owned I've never had a problem with.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

That is so sexy it puts Luke to shame

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Now I need new pants....

First time I've seen a z97 without display outputs.

Huh I didn't even notice that till I read your post.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Huh I didn't even notice that till I read your post.

ok if this board do not have display outputs

its def the MSI X99 Gaming 9 board

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

All dem USB 3 ports

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

A few people in here got it right:

dyNbG3o.jpg

oh sexy...

now i need a diaper

yes i was right X99 sexy board

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

it ok for the tread to be here

it mobo topic anyway

the heatsink for the southbridge looks like the helmet from dead space but red mode

Dead_Space_2_Box_Art.jpg

I personally prefer USB 3.0 to be red instead of blue.

They were apparently already designated for something, but nobody gave a clear answer as to what (the best I got was something to do with firewire). 

Red USB ports are high powered USB ports that will charge stuff even when the computer is off, at least on some motherboards. 

MSIGaming 9

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

edit:

connectivity-schema.jpg

Nope, that I/O has display port and HDMI, which X99 will not have on any of the motherboards that are manufactured by any company.

Edit: disregard my post bro lol, just read all the rest of your post, i get what you were talking about now. my bad.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The EVGA Z97 Classified is very nice with the 90degree 24pin, USB3.0, 6pin PCIE, and fan connectors, but these recent MSI motherboards are sick. I'm torn between one of these rich black MSI motherboards and the Classified.

I dont get it, is the io cover soldered to the board orwhat?

Nope it just looks baller.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III