Where do you get your music?

Puma911

Pirate bay :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Pirate bay :(

I can't say I'm better. I got a lot of my music from friends on CDs used for a few bucks. Might as well pirate at that point, artist gets no money either way. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Go back to the stone ages with your physical media and your candles and your wired telephones and your books made out of wood pulp and such.  :D lol

I suppose I could actually go out and buy CD's but I don't have a cd player in my car (just a 3.5mm jack) and I think the only time I've used the optical drive in my new pc was to load windows 8.1 lol. Not to mention the environmental impact of printing all of that when we could just as well have a series of Zeroes and Ones on a storage device. Just my opinion :)

I do however buy physical copies of books. that's different somehow.

I just like Having a physical copy; My favourite games I'll buy Disc copies too, though that started because I used to have the single worst Internet connection Ever -.-

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I just like Having a physical copy; My favourite games I'll buy Disc copies too, though that started because I used to have the single worst Internet connection Ever -.-

It personally helps me feel like I didn't waste money. All a mental thing. I don't like buying things that are infinitely duplicatable. Feels like a waste even though I buy games like that a lot. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It personally helps me feel like I didn't waste money. All a mental thing. I don't like buying things that are infinitely duplicatable. Feels like a waste even though I buy games like that a lot. 

I know what you mean, I like having the little Lyric book too, or the In-Game map or whatever else...

Not that EA Actually gives you these In games anymore, but hey - Music CD's still do :D

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Especially when they are way inferior quality compared to CDs/Vinyls/pirated FLACs.

Especially when they are way inferior quality compared to CDs/Vinyls/pirated FLACs.

Actually yah I tend to have a better experience pirating music quality wise compared to buying digitally. Why must everyone use compressed formats? 

muh specs 

All parts black

I know what you mean, I like having the little Lyric book too, or the In-Game map or whatever else...

Not that EA Actually gives you these In games anymore, but hey - Music CD's still do :D

Yea I can see where you are coming from. I guess that's why I don't use a kindle or anything. There is something to be said for having full bookshelves instead of a micro SD card or all of them on a cloud. I guess I started getting music digitally when I begain building my collection via Pirate bay and just got used to not having CD's. 

Now that I can afford to pay for it though I think it's funny that other than Itunes I had no idea where to buy digital music lol. Thanks for the suggestions everyone by the way. I truly was at a loss. Piratebay was all I knew hahaha

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Yea I can see where you are coming from. I guess that's why I don't use a kindle or anything. There is something to be said for having full bookshelves instead of a micro SD card or all of them on a cloud. I guess I started getting music digitally when I begain building my collection via Pirate bay and just got used to not having CD's. 

Now that I can afford to pay for it though I think it's funny that other than Itunes I had no idea where to buy digital music lol. Thanks for the suggestions everyone by the way. I truly was at a loss. Piratebay was all I knew hahaha

Yah either I can go buy music digitally, crap quality, or order CDs and wait...or go to the pirate bay and download ever album the band has ever released in one nice high quality flac torrent in five minutes. I see why everyone bootlegs. Hell sometimes I get CDs and never get around to using them. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Actually yah I tend to have a better experience pirating music quality wise compared to buying digitally. Why must everyone use compressed formats? 

Compressed is good, lossy/low bitrate is bad. :)

Soundcloud, BandCamp,

pretty much only places I'd buy music from.

I wouldn't bother with streaming since those services pay the artist beans, better off torrenting it and telling other people about it.

Amazon might be decent for buying albums, eBay for vinyls.

And yes, streaming services would most certainly not have at least half of what I do.

I don't like buying things that are infinitely duplicatable. Feels like a waste even though I buy games like that a lot.

Another issue is that you actually have to try to buy something, what Gabe said about shitty distribution applies here as well. And we don't have a single given store that can cover a majority of content, only Amazon might come close.

Like some games I won't even bother pirating because it's easier to pay the 5$ and use it on Steam

Error: 410

Compressed is good, lossy/low bitrate is bad. :)

When i say compressed I usually mean compressed by people who seem to check every lossy option possible. If it's compressed but the audio quality is the same, I don't really call it compressed I guess since nothing but file size was lost. And it's 2014, I don't have limited space for music xD

muh specs 

All parts black

Another issue is that you actually have to try to buy something, what Gabe said about shitty distribution applies here as well. And we don't have a single given store that can cover a majority of content, only Amazon might come close.

Like some games I won't even bother pirating because it's easier to pay the 5$ and use it on Steam

Plus for people who insist on piracy for everything, multiplayer games usually have an advantage for buying the legit thing. 

muh specs 

All parts black

bandcamp and youtube. So far I don't have much Cd's 5 at all flying somewhere in the car backseat. Other stuff on usb stick or ext. storage. Yeah I have atubecatcher installed, I sorry :P

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

A good chunk is actually my audio cd rips I keep on my hdd, other than that mainly youtube, grooveshark and spotify as well as various blogs.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Records <3 

Loving hearing AC/DC all the time on old school records.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

240_spotify_2013.jpg

Also, vinyls. Gotta love vinyls.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Mostly I listen to music on Youtube and sites like Soundcloud. Though sometimes I do buy a CD, it's just that most of the music I listen to is either not available on CD at all, or not available in this part of the world.

I never buy music digitally, though I've gotten a few game soundtracks for free that way.

Spotify.

Honestly, anyone can get free, unlimited, LEGAL music, and for $9 a moth, I get no ads and high-quality audio. I <3 Spotify so much it hurts.

Spotify because they have a huge Danish library and it's free!

Edit: also there is 9 km's to school and I take the bus every morning

Edited by ObeseWalrus

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The pirate bay

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Recently it's been Youtube and Grooveshark for me.

I buy cds. I don't like buying music digitally. 

That means I usually only buy whole albums, and for metal I prefer that anyway. I prefer music that is good throughout the album and not just a great song or two with an ok set of filler songs. 

Occasionally for individual songs I use google play, and sometimes I just grab it from youtube or pandora (I have the subscription, so the quality is not bad).

Some of my music is pirated as well, but I usually get around to buying most of it if I actually listen to it. 

That said, I'm really bad at buying individual songs, I only really get on buying whole albums if I like them. 

I have a lot of music and I really need to sort through it and get it on all of my devices, just been too lazy. 

I'm really considering getting a turn table and getting vinyl albums. But I don't wanna morph into a hipster douche. 

The reason some music sounds better on vinyl to me is simply becuase the way a lot of artists master their music digitally is lazy.

My sister got a vintage turntable from my grandparents,  and it's pretty cool, stuff like the Beatles actually sounds a bit better on it.  If you want vinyl get vinyl, don't let the hipsters influence your decisions...  :)  /endrant 

I use Offliberty to get the audio from certain YouTube videos.

COMIC SANS