The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

You pay for the overall hardware/spec, but not bang for buck.

Often times it's the same thing though. I think battery life and portability are at least as important as performance.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You're right, the mbpr is competitive with those laptops pricewise. But unfortunately I think those are all fairly overpriced. The whole ultrabook cathegory (and very light but "powerful" laptops in general) is, in my eyes, nonsensical simply because of the price and the fact that a "standard" thicker laptop is not that much heavier after all. I wouldn't eve consider any of those laptops based simply on the price. In a way, the most competitive products apple akes are their laptops, BECAUSE laptops are almost always prebuilt and anyway you don't get to put one together yourself so there's a significant price premium for competitor products as well, leveling the playing field in their favour. That said, they are still giving the priority to the wrong things imo.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You're right, the mbpr is competitive with those laptops pricewise. But unfortunately I think those are all fairly overpriced. The whole ultrabook cathegory (and very light but "powerful" laptops in general) is, in my eyes, nonsensical simply because of the price and the fact that a "standard" thicker laptop is not that much heavier after all. I wouldn't eve consider any of those laptops based simply on the price. In a way, the most competitive products apple akes are their laptops, BECAUSE laptops are almost always prebuilt and anyway you don't get to put one together yourself so there's a significant price premium for competitor products as well, leveling the playing field in their favour. That said, they are still giving the priority to the wrong things imo.

It's not incorrect priority if they don't want to make gaming laptops.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

It's not incorrect priority if they don't want to make gaming laptops.

Not in that sense: they're prioritizing an ultra high res screen that most people won't need on a laptop anyway and an ultra-light chassis that makes little difference in the ability to carry it around over competitive prices, less nerfed components for heat output and/or longer battery life.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Not in that sense: they're prioritizing an ultra high res screen that most people won't need on a laptop anyway and an ultra-light chassis that makes little difference in the ability to carry it around over competitive prices, less nerfed components for heat output and/or longer battery life.

Actually, high res screens are very very needed. Helps a crap ton with multitasking and productivity, I know alot of developers who love their rMBP for that reason.

Awesome build quality that is also pretty light is nice to have. It's not a necessity though. My stupid cheap $400 gateway laptop is all screwed up from a plane ride. I put it in the luggage (not carry on) and it was surrounded by alot of soft stuff, but all four corners were chipped, 2 completely broke off. It helps keep Apple known as a premium brand, not cheap quality brand as well.

Dat PCIe SSD and long ass battery life doe <3

Folding for LTT since April 2016.