Some older games really weren't designed to run at 4K, nevermind 8K.

xeeuwot

Tried running Half Life 2 today at 7680x4320 (16 times the size of 1080p) and found the menu system just slightly difficult to read.  Also manage a 30fps average.

Half Life 2:

https://imgur.com/a/EFo5i

The story continues with Titan Quest:

https://imgur.com/a/zgUct

Edited by xeeuwot

Resolution is not just a number, it's two.

I always thought this was somewhat obvious... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Alot of games weren't ment to run at 1080p from ten+ years ago.....

Alot of games weren't ment to run at 1080p from ten+ years ago.....

I was kinda amazed when Vice City ran with no problems in 1080p :D 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I was kinda amazed when Vice City ran with no problems in 1080p :D

Looks like shit tho. Vice city looks better on my phone than my pc.............. it's so sad

Well when you're not running it natively, of course the text will be small.

Looks like some simple UI scaling would fix that.

It looks pretty normal other than the poor resolution textures.

Tried running Half Life 2 today at 7680x4320 (16 times the size of 1080p) and found the menu system just slightly difficult to read.  Also manage a 30fps average.

how did u get it at that res are downsampling or do u actually have a native 8k panel?

Looks the same as always...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wait, that game is 10 years old? :o

9e5394bfd2d53d0509e3be90d309e37e0339b623

:lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Looks like shit tho. Vice city looks better on my phone than my pc.............. it's so sad

Vice City in phones are Remastered in HD tho, so no surprise if they are better than in pc which is about 10+ yrs now

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

Downsampling using GeDoSaTo (Generic Down Sampling Tool) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807472

You know you can just enter a custom resolution in your graphics card menu. Then on the desktop change it back to normal resolution, now in game the option to output at a higher resolution will be there. I use this method to downsample 1440p to my monitor and no iffy software to do it, just native support.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

sweet thanks!

Didn't mention that you can do it natively in the NVidia Control Panel if you don't want the other parts of GeDoSaTo like scaryjam823 said.

You know you can just enter a custom resolution in your graphics card menu. Then on the desktop change it back to normal resolution, now in game the option to output at a higher resolution will be there. I use this method to downsample 1440p to my monitor and no iffy software to do it, just native support.

I don't have that luxury as I use AMD.  Anyway it has a bunch of other useful features like it lets me take screenshots at the rendered resolution instead of the downsampled resolution.

Here are some Dishonored screenshots https://imgur.com/a/Q5tHC

Resolution is not just a number, it's two.

Didn't mention that you can do it natively in the NVidia Control Panel if you don't want the other parts of GeDoSaTo like scaryjam823 said.

Yea ive done that but i can only go up to 4k until my monitor will just go black :/

Half Life 2:

You can probably fix this with some console commands. Look into it.

Looks like some simple UI scaling would fix that.

It looks pretty normal other than the poor resolution textures.

Where are the poor resolution textures? HL2 is still one of the best looking games IMO.

Where are the poor resolution textures? HL2 is still one of the best looking games IMO.

The sign, the floors, trees, barrels, doors, cardboard boxes.