AMD to Launch Hawaii XTX GPU

ChrisxIxCross

AMD-Hawaii-XTX-GPU.png

Similar to how we got the 7970 Ghz Edition two summers ago, AMD is planning to surprise us yet again! As it turns out all those rumors and leaked die shots claiming that a full fledged Hawaii Die will have a whopping 3072 Stream Processors seem to have turned out to be true. The Hawaii XTX has been a very well guarded secret until infamous Overclocker 8 Pack's recent forum post - 

20th Jun 2014, 23:38

R9 290X is not full fat!!! 

The Contingency is ready ;)

As usual NDA stops me from saying very much. Yes I do have more info but I can't share it. 

source - http://videocardz.com/50947/amds-radeon-r9-290x-hawaii-xt-gpu-might-full-chip

As far as the naming scheme, it is really hard to say what AMD will go with. It could either be R9 295X or R9 290XT. Lower tiered 2x5 parts already exist so 295X is a possibility. All in all this card would be aimed to compete with Nvidia's highest end sku's such as the GTX Titan Black & GTX 780 Ti. 128 more stream processors is only a marginally higher increase but will likely push those super close benchmarks that much further putting an end to GK110 domination. In terms of cooling AMD has already learned from their mistakes from last year and these cards should come out with a newly designed reference cooler, or third party solutions at launch which seems more likely. Lastly now that the gpu mining craze is pretty much over we can look forward to very aggressive pricing as we always do from AMD. Meaning expect to see some nice price cuts on the 290/ 290X! Personally I'm super excited, as I recently purchased a 4K monitor and my single 780ti has been struggling quite a bit. What do you guys think? 

Link to source - http://videocardz.com/50956/confirmed-amd-launch-hawaii-xtx-gpu

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

i like the 290XT name. lets hope they go with that and dont make it any more confusing...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Let's Hope they don't hit it with the same slopy 290/X Cooler, but hey, after all, there are non reference, i'm a very exited nVidia Fanboy  right now 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

That is the laziest post that i have ever seen and isnt fleshed out at all. That doesnt count, and goes against forum guidelines.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Doesn't 295X make sense, considering the 295X2?

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

I hope they use the 7990 cooler :D

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

So posting a rumour as a "Confirmed" article is fine?

I was simply quoting my title from the source article, so ask them not me lol. 

Even hotter and draws more power. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Even hotter and draws more power. 

Which doesnt matter to those who know about it and already have plans to mitigate those problems.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So posting a rumour as a "Confirmed" article is fine?

How is it confirmed when it isnt from AMD's mouth? Its still speculation.

they confirmed it from their sources, as the article says " After 8 Pack’s revelations we started digging and asking, until we are able confirm that this information was true."

i was planning on upgrading my R9 280X to a 290X, now it's perfect i want one of these 290XT :D

iv also been reading about the HBM memory that AMD is working on i hope they release it with this card

they confirmed it from their sources, as the article says " After 8 Pack’s revelations we started digging and asking, until we are able confirm that this information was true."

Yes, but claiming that you can confirm something does not add any validity or confirmation. The entire concept of confirmation is showing the source, not by claiming it's true and giving no real evidence.

Yes, but claiming that you can confirm something does not add any validity or confirmation. The entire concept of confirmation is showing the source, not by claiming it's true and giving no real evidence.

no, not all news can list a source like leaks from insiders, the site said they confirmed it from their source, they dont have to disclose who it was, just that the site is responsible for the validity of the leak.

nothing new, and happens all the time.

is this the 780ti Equivalent?

Depends. Due to it having probably the same 4GB Vram and bus width as the R9-290x yet more actual processors,, this thing will be a BEAST for 1440p, 4k, and multi-display gaming. 

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

Depends. Due to it having probably the same 4GB Vram and bus width as the R9-290x yet more actual processors,, this thing will be a BEAST for 1440p, 4k, and multi-display gaming. 

and hes me with a month old 290 :( fuck my life!

is it worth the upgrade? we'll have to wait and see.

How is it confirmed when it isnt from AMD's mouth? Its still speculation.

I was quoting the source article. IMO if 8 pack is under NDA then I dont really think its speculation. It's not one of those "we heard from our inside sources that this product might be coming" Now that's rumor and speculation. While in this case its just a card that's being teased before AMD is ready to formally show it off and announce it. Hell someone from AMD could have even told him to write that post because they know that its going to build up even more hype / attention. 

All 8 pack said was that the 290x isn't a full Hawaii chip which we all knew from reports on the chip having over 3000 shader processors last year. AMD is of course testing it out, but nowhere did he say that AMD would be bringing it out, especially if Tonga and Volcanic/Treasure Islands is coming out soon.

All 8 pack said was that the 290x isn't a full Hawaii chip which we all knew from reports on the chip having over 3000 shader processors last year. AMD is of course testing it out, but nowhere did he say that AMD would be bringing it out, especially if Tonga and Volcanic/Treasure Islands is coming out soon.

I guess that is true however with 20nm gpus not coming out till 2015, it is very possible that AMD will release a new flagship to fill in the gap until then. Also videocardz never really posts "Confirmed" in their articles without any official word, If they werent so sure im sure they would have titled it - "Rumor". 

I guess that is true however with 20nm gpus not coming out till 2015, it is very possible that AMD will release a new flagship to fill in the gap until then. Also videocardz never really posts "Confirmed" in their articles without any official word, If they werent so sure im sure they would have titled it - "Rumor". 

Videocardz is a small step above WCCFTech on the rumour mill ladder, don't take their word for granted. Sure, this may come out true but they publish so many hit n miss articles that some come out true just like Nostradamus and his predictions.