WOW ! Leap Motion V2

qwertywarrior

this thing is FAST accurate  and doesnt glitch out like v1  (this is dev beta atm)

never seen anything this accurate before 

this is only a software update not new hardware

http://phys.org/news/2014-05-motion-v2-beta-video.html

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So why could Microsoft not do this with the Kinect again? i thought they were smart....but apparently not.

Didn't the Kinect originally have something like this? 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Kinect uses a completely different principle of operation. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

i meant, that didn't suck and lag behind so badly.

I never used one, or ever thought of it, so i wouldn't know.

Still wouldn't like a game to be controlled by motion like this; it just seems fairly difficult.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Omfg...im so buying these when it comes out. Looks frikken amazing. I would literally sit there just playing that block building game/tech demo lol

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Meh, everyone raved about the first one, I never heard much more about it from the people who bought one much more than a week after delivery..

Meh, everyone raved about the first one, I never heard much more about it from the people who bought one much more than a week after delivery..

this is only software update

the first version of the software was clearly glitchy but it worked 80% of the time and it was also imbedded on some HP laptops

the second version of the software can now track the actual joints and bones inside each of the fingers. Fingers are tracked even when they are not seen by the controller, as might happen if hands are turned vertically or if you intertwine the fingers of the left and right hands.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I have played with one, they are amazing! but they do have limited usage

need more software to be made for it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Holy balls!  That is amazing!

Now that is what I expected Leap to be. Well done. Buying the hardware once this soft goes mainstream. Very neat.

Yeah, well I thought it looked fast, accurate, and didn't glitch out when they showed the original video too... wasn't quite so when I actually used it.

Omfg...im so buying these when it comes out. Looks frikken amazing. I would literally sit there just playing that block building game/tech demo lol

You can already buy it, this is just software update to the leap motion "V1"

Still a gimmick In my eyes. Gesture based controls will never truly catch on until we have full holographic imaging technology that is in mass market and in widespread use I feel.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Still a gimmick In my eyes. Gesture based controls will never truly catch on until we have full holographic imaging technology that is in mass market and in widespread use I feel.

many people will buy this because of Oculus rift 

i possibly see Facebook acquiring this for the Oculus 

It requires me to lift my hands up from the mouse and keyboard and do a silly gesture, breaking my entire work flow. This is NOT easier than resting my hand on the mouse and keyboard, moving the mouse around couple of millimeters and clicking.

That is why motion controls will not stick around. They are inconvenient and flow breaking.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

shut up and take my money!

now that is impressive!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I am impressed based off of the low latency.  Does anyone know what range the sensor has though?  The images that I have seen of it seems like it is limited to about a foot, but I could be wrong.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

I am impressed based off of the low latency.  Does anyone know what range the sensor has though?  The images that I have seen of it seems like it is limited to about a foot, but I could be wrong.

wikipedia says 1 meter

Meh. Takes more energy to interact so it's instantly useless past a 'oh wow it's so cool' point.

It remains accurate at about 2 feet, further it gets shaky and tends to miss finger movements. 

The interaction height adjustment in the settings allows for an automatic range of 7 cm to 25 cm, which is the range that it remains the most accurate.

The leap motion is meant to sit on your desk in front of your monitor/keyboard. long range is not it's intended use or really needed at this point.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

WOW. My mind is TRULY blown.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.