NEED HELP!

NyiriOwner

Hello! I bought a 7990 some months back now, and i never relised it didnt run as supposed before i checked the interwebs. Im running the 7990 with a 8350 (no OC), HyperX Predator 2400Mhz (running 1866mhz), asus m5a99fx pro r2 0, 750w PSU, normal HDD and a SSD. The tempratures is ok at everything (i think) and this shouldent be a bottleneck, or what? For example: Running Heaven 4.0 and gets a score about 1600, isnt that kinda low? And i need to play BF4 on low to get 60FPS, when i see at youtube people are running ultra smooth... Any ideas? (sorry for bad english, im from Norway :D )

Weird... You shouldn't get a bottleneck nor low fps with that heast

Diamond 5 in League :)

Hello! I bought a 7990 some months back now, and i never relised it didnt run as supposed before i checked the interwebs. Im running the 7990 with a 8350 (no OC), HyperX Predator 2400Mhz (running 1866mhz), asus m5a99fx pro r2 0, 750w PSU, normal HDD and a SSD. The tempratures is ok at everything (i think) and this shouldent be a bottleneck, or what? For example: Running Heaven 4.0 and gets a score about 1600, isnt that kinda low? And i need to play BF4 on low to get 60FPS, when i see at youtube people are running ultra smooth... Any ideas? (sorry for bad english, im from Norway :D )

Upgrade to Catalyst 14.3 drivers. (Or 14.4, whatever is available).

Weird... You shouldn't get a bottleneck nor low fps with that heast

I know... I had some "pros" to look at it here in norway, and they did not know either. Norway isnt really the best country when it comes to computer, but... Any idea?

Upgrade to Catalyst 14.3 drivers. (Or 14.4, whatever is available).

OK, i will try 14.4 and reply when its done!

Try to update your bios and overclock that 8350. Daul gpu cards are commonly CPU bottlenecked.

Try to update your bios and overclock that 8350. Daul gpu cards are commonly CPU bottlenecked.

Hi again, having some installation problems, but wil soon be instaled with 14.3 drivers... Hal9001, i have treid to overclock the 8350, but i have NO idea how to overclock a CPU. I have tried some guides, but still bluescreen, so if you or any other coukd help me with it, i would be thankfull!

Well, im going to bed now, and i will be gone for the rest of this week, so if you have any ideas for me, write it down here, and if you know anyone who can help, get them to visit this please :) Have a good weekend everyone!

1920x1080p ?

2560x1440p ?

3840x2160p ?

try also a Valley at Extreme HD run (we all use valley now lol)

1920x1080p ?

2560x1440p ?

3840x2160p ?

try also a Valley at Extreme HD run (we all use valley now lol)

Hi again! Im gaming on a XL2411T 1920x1080p screen, but i use two screens. At Valley benchmark 1.0 i got:

FPS: 67.9
Score: 2841
Min FPS: 21.2
Max FPS 119.7

This was at Extreme HD

Hi again! Im gaming on a XL2411T 1920x1080p screen, but i use two screens. At Valley benchmark 1.0 i got:

Max FPS 119.7

This was at Extreme HD

excellent (great numbers also) did you see any tearing on the valley run ?

i use the min fps score to make all easy, with a 7990 you can reach the 50 fps on the min (if i am not mistake)

is like one 7970 is working well and the other 7970 don't work so far (still great numbers)

one 7970 (inside the 7990) may be disabled (on the software or the hardware side)

now we can see the problem we can try fix it (try check and replug the power pin on the 7990)

also check if you can pass us the full name of the PSU (the +12v amp number if the one i need)

i use the min score to make all easy, with a 7990 you can reach the 50 fps on the min (if i am not mistake)

is like one 7970 is working well and the other 7970 don't work so far (still great numbers)

one 7970 (inside the 7990) may be disabled (on the software or the hardware side)

now we can see the problem we can try fix it (try check and replug the power pin on the 7990)

also check if you can pass us the full name of the PSU (the +12v amp number if the one i need)

With my eye i dont see any tearing at all, but note that i am very "bad" at spotting tearing. one of the "7970" is not disabled, i allready checked that, but like you said one of them may not work as well as the other. I also repluged the power for the 7990.

This should be the PSU i have: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

With my eye i dont see any tearing at all, but note that i am very "bad" at spotting tearing. one of the "7970" is not disabled, i allready checked that, but like you said one of them may not work as well as the other. I also repluged the power for the 7990.

This should be the PSU i have: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

i always recommend 850w PSU on high end Crossfire or SLI

i will try check if that PSU can deliver the amps the 7990 need (brb in a couple minutes)

that PSU have 62 amps (on the +12v)

if funny how all companies hide those numbers (this may be the problem, by the way)

if you can get your hands on a 850w (or more) PSU we can check this well

but for now, at least we have seen one possible guilty of the crime  :lol:

i use the min fps score to make all easy, with a 7990 you can reach the 50 fps on the min (if i am not mistake)

where is extreme hd i have ultra and x8 aa and thats max

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

is a preset run (that you can see it when you open the valley window)

that PSU have 62 amps (on the +12v)

if funny how all companies hide those numbers (this may be the problem, by the way)

if you can get your hands on a 850w (or more) PSU we can check this well

but for now, at least we have seen one possible guilty of the crime  :lol:

Hmm, okay. I dont know anyone with 850w or more, so i guess i just gotta wait til i get one later on... But how many amps do the 7990 want? And how do i find out how many amps the GPU wants, and how many amps the PSU gives? Ty for all the help BTW :D

Under Language its Preset, just put that to Extreme HD and not Custom

Max FPS 119.7

This was at Extreme HD

With 0.5GHz more on the CPU i scored a little more:

FPS 69.5

Score 2907

Min FPS 22.5

Max FPS 125.6

I followed a guide and got it stable at 4.5GHz :)

Hmm, okay. I dont know anyone with 850w or more, so i guess i just gotta wait til i get one later on... But how many amps do the 7990 want? And how do i find out how many amps the GPU wants, and how many amps the PSU gives? Ty for all the help BTW :D

amp numbers need are like a "tabu theme" for the sellers and manufacturers

(is pointless try find numbers to say it in a easy way)

850w is the number you need friend (all have +70 amps)  :ph34r:

amp numbers need are like a "tabu theme" for the sellers and manufacturers

(is pointless try find numbers to say it in a easy way)

850w is the number you need friend (all have +70 amps)  :ph34r:

Okay, any PSU u would recommend? :)

Which 7990 do you have? because the official AMD one has a TDP of 375 W And the other ones like asus and powercolors have a TDP of 450W.

But either way that 750 W PSU(62A*12V=744W) should be able to handle it.

Are you sure both of the GPU's are running at full speed? And that their temps are within reasonable boundaries?

Otherwise they might be throttling due to high temperature. Have you tested their stability ?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Which 7990 do you have? because the official AMD one has a TDP of 375 W And the other ones like asus and powercolors have a TDP of 450W.

But either way that 750 W PSU(62A*12V=744W) should be able to handle it.

Are you sure both of the GPU's are running at full speed? And that their temps are within reasonable boundaries?

Otherwise they might be throttling due to high temperature. Have you tested their stability ?

Hi! I have the Sapphire 7990 :) No, i am not sure both are running at full speed, any way i can check? They run pretty hot, around 90celsius after 20min, and no, i have never taken a stability test at them

Okay that's good because then yours has a TDP of 375 Watt and should definitely be able to run of of your 750 W PSU

Hi! I have the Sapphire 7990 :) No, i am not sure both are running at full speed, any way i can check? They run pretty hot, around 90celsius after 20min, and no, i have never taken a stability test at them.

That's probably the problem. If im not mistaken they start throttling at 100c. And anyway 90c is not a temperature you want them too run at for extended periods of time. Try running them without a side panel on your case. If they preform better then that's the problem.  Also you might wanna check with a program like Msi afterburner (or the sapphire equivalent) if its lowering the clock rate when in game.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Try using mantle in Bf4 if you haven't already. That should help to alleviate CPU bottlenecks. Mantle was terribly broken at the start, but now with the 14.4 driver you will experience much better performance. Try running the test range. Multiplayer is known for performance issues. That CPU overclock should help.