Starting YouTube tech channel help

JoshK

Hi, I am attempting to start a youtube tech channel. I think I am just going to use my first and last name as the username. I have made my first video today about unboxing the corsair h100i. Where do I get stuff to review/unbox and how do I get my channel out there? Thanks

You get your channel out there by shamelessly plugging it but that's against the CoC here so don't do it, as far as review samples go you only get them when you're big enough for any company to think it's worth sending one and even then it's not a constant thing as Linus has said many times that he wasn't able to review something because he wasn't sent a review copy. You have to buy the stuff, there's no way around it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You get your channel out there by shamelessly plugging it but that's against the CoC here so don't do it, as far as review samples go you only get them when you're big enough for any company to think it's worth sending one and even then it's not a constant thing as Linus has said many times that he wasn't able to review something because he wasn't sent a review copy. You have to buy the stuff, there's no way around it.

althought its against CoC  we should push for a sup topic where people can share there youTube Chanel 

no

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

lolno.

"If my son said he wanted to be a Tech YouTuber, I'd tell him 'no he won't'."

-Linus

I hate to be the person to tell you it's not gonna happen, but unless you have connections to people on YouTube, it's really hard to get yourself out there without being super dedicated. It is just not a good idea.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

You get samples by buying them, when you become a large youtuber then a company might send you review samples and I stress might.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Buy thing a.

Buy thing b, which is similar to thing a.

Compare thing a and b.

Repeat until views grow. Then get for free.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

You can't just get stuff for free most times. I also consider myself a "Tech Youtuber" but I'm just doing it for funsies. When I get a bit of tech or something I will unbox/review it if I think it'll be of use and help someone.

That's the motivation for my how-to videos; If I try to do something which happens to be a PITA and get it working, I'll make a how-to to help those that come across the same problem

I do happen to get review samples from one company which I get to keep though.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

You buy things... for pretty much forever.  If you get big enough you might start getting some things on loan or keeps to review.  But most people, even bigger youtubers, still buy things for their videos.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595