your school labs's computer hardware?

NickyVida

Where I go to college you can use either a MacBook Pro 2012 or some HP Elite book.

At uni we have Dell AIO's with 4770's and either 8gb or 16gb of ram (can't remember...). There are still some older Dell desktops that are hanging around that have 1st gen Core i5's with 6gb ram but they're about be replaced with the AIO's

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

The laptops are running amdx64s as well as the desktops.  Generally they all have around 3-4 gigs unless you're a technician in my film class which, ironically, gives you 2 gigs or 1 gig, which is just no just no.  They all have old nvidia cards which get the job done.  We do have newer macs in film but since people don't know how to use the file server correctly all of them are now incredibly slow and full of old video files.  

At my school, in most of the computer labs, as well as the majority of class rooms with projectors, have really old Optima machines (I think the company doesn't even seem exist anymore). They run pentium 4s of some sort (I beleive anyway), and XP (not even with all the latest updates because they slow down too much). The library has some fairly new (I think haswell based) Lenovo machines, running pentium chips and windows 7 enterprise. There's also a collection of Lenovo netbooks that were part of the DER Program. Not sure of the specs, i think 1 gig ram, and an atom chip. They suck, take 5 mins to log on etc. All the students in year 10 up til last year also got netbooks, the model i received is a pentium, 4 GB ram, 320 GB HDD. Also, an 11" screen. They're also encouraging us BYOD (which seems to mean, according to at least one teacher, is iPad or a phone).

At TAFE in the room i'm in (a music production classroom) we have a 27" iMac with either a core 2 duo or a quad i5, 12 GB RAM and an AMD GPU of some sort. Also, the annopying apple flat keybaord and Mighty mouse. They also seem to have HP Desktops of some sort in the library.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

You wished you could play games with your schools computers?

I study IT and we have like 4 classes with 20 x thinkpad t420 (i5 2520m) + 4gb ram in some classes and some classes with i5-3470 HP desktops with 8gb ram and 1080p displays. All computers have just igpu.

Also everyone in IT class can get t420 + bag for 50€ deposit and when school ends either keep it or return it for 50€. (It comes with most adobe software too.)

And those thinkpads sell like 1500€ here O_o

Nah. I wonder why they didnt choose a better gpu if they had such a good cpu to render in cad? Im a first timer in cad so im not pretty familiar with what it uses to render.

And yep. Its a dell aio. Probably from a year to 2 tops.

My schools graphics lab PCs load photoshop in about 10 mind (9 minutes 47 second to be exact) haven't checked there specs but the it guys seem like knob heads. Most annoying thing, especially when I only need to print off like one thing. Also doubling pixel density takes fucking forever

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Intel Celeron vPro with 2GB RAM and a 60GB SSD. These are new computers too.

Compatible with Windows 95

• Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz Processor
  • 250GB Hard Disk Drive
  • 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
  • WIndows XP.

Yeah...

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Nah. I wonder why they didnt choose a better gpu if they had such a good cpu to render in cad? Im a first timer in cad so im not pretty familiar with what it uses to render.

And yep. Its a dell aio. Probably from a year to 2 tops.

I remember when we did pov-ray with our computers it was pain to render the image each time you changed something to see what it did. :P

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I saw zip drives on them. Need I say more?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Depends on the computers, most are Sandy quad core i7's and 16GB of RAM, and iGPU. Some are Celeron based. Some are Xeon based. Some are Opteron based. I think we even have Itanium somewhere

-Turkey with a vengeance 

80% of the pcs now are Dells/HP's with i5 3570 3.4GHz, Intel intergrated Graphics, 4GB DDR3 ram, 500GB local Storage, 200GB Student Network Storage, Windows 7 Pro 64Bit

The other 20% are still P4 Pc's :/

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Like 22 i think it is Intel i7 3770's, 7770's 8gb RAM. That's all I know about them right now. Haven't used them much.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

• Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz Processor
  • 250GB Hard Disk Drive
  • 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
  • WIndows XP.

Yeah...

-i5

-DDR3

-Windows XP

post-6333-0-11785700-1397318472.gif

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

3rd gen I3s with 4gb of ram running intergrated graphics

Almost all of them are i3s on integrated running Windows 7. Those that aren't are iMacs. Not that people actually use them over their personal laptops and tablets.

Every topic I post in dies.

my schools just updated the library computers, they're pritty beafy, SSDs, 8GB ram, etc. they're quite over the top for what we use them for.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

My school computers are pretty bad. They are AiOs and the school network support has blocked half the stuff on it - you can't even look at the specs, go to the control panel for accessibility options etc.

When I checked I think they had an i3, likely sandy bridge, 2GB of RAM, and a 500GB hard drive. I couldn't find out which architecture the OS is running on but I know it's Windows 7 enterprise. I really hate them, everyone treats them like crap and the mice have the feet worn off them so they scratch across the desks, and the keyboards either have stuck or missing keys... :/ Makes me appreciate how nice my PC is!

I just wish they put SSDs in them for the boot drive. It would make them so much faster and they'd only need a 60GB drive. The network team just do a crappy job full stop - my friend and I have found way to break it a few times. We haven't done anything about it though :D

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

My school computers are just horrible. They are all using core 2 duos and Pentiums. Another thing i have to mention is they are all using XP even the ones that they got a year ago with windows 7 they still downgraded them. Now to talk about the security... lets just say i could access most all of the report cards of the students from the previous years and I found a ton of my old teachers test templates, soo yeah.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

As our school is pretty rare in that we offer a Computing A-Level (which is what you study between 16-18 for you Americans) ALL the computer suites in the school from the labs to the library are Core 2 Quads with 8GB of RAM and some Nvidia card I can't quite remember.

Except those music tech show-offs with their Macs

Nice for programming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

My school has a few labs, but all of them have an Athlon X2 something, 2GB of RAM, a 250gb HDD, some have XP while others have Win7, and low end 3000-4000 integrated AMD graphics. Earlier this year our class had to edit movies on them with movie maker, and the entire OS would freeze every ~10mins for most of us.

Core i5's

16 gigs of ram

i'm homeschooled :P 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

No. No specs, at all. jk, they are some stupid thin clients running on a stupid server that can't handle them. Thank goodness the computer related courses get Dell Optiplex 780s, core 2 duo, 4GB ram, hard drive, old professional series monitor.

"No signature"