Sapphire Radeon R7 265

He did. He used the 4 blade razor literally 10 minutes before we filmed this.

Poor Luke... Dollar Shave Club gives you a solid razor and new blades every month. It doesn't make you skilled at using aforementioned razor blades :(

1 dollar and you get a Razer blade every months? I don't have enough room for all those gaming laptops!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

WTF... Two of these are actually cheaper than a GTX770 :o Should I buy two of these?

If you are really interested, check my profile ^^

WTF... Two of these are actually cheaper than a GTX770 :o Should I buy two of these?

No. Get a 770 then if you feel like performance is lacking, get another one when money arrives

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

this is a rebadged 7850, right? so does that make the R9 270 a 7870? if so, whats the 270X a rebadge of?

also that was the best sponsor ad ever, Linus, you should definelty do more like this :D

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

this is a rebadged 7850, right? so does that make the R9 270 a 7870? if so, whats the 270X a rebadge of?

also that was the best sponsor ad ever, Linus, you should definelty do more like this :D

270 and 270x are a rebranded HD7870. They only differ in the clock speeds (@stock):

7870: 975MHz 

270: 925MHz

270x: 1050MHz

My 7870 went up to 1160MHz. So even on the 270x, you should have some overclocking headroom.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

The Intel 730 SSD is already out , change the sponsor message Linus. It suggests that the intel SSD isn't out yet.

No. Get a 770 then if you feel like performance is lacking, get another one when money arrives

Yeah... No... I could by 5 of the 265 for the same price as two.

If you are really interested, check my profile ^^

but think of all the heat.....

also, 2 770s in SLI should be able to out perform 4 265's easy.

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The second one was meant in a longer time, line 1year or more, when games get demanding. Sofar a 770 can max everything

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

but you can't use five at the same time, you can't even use four as it only supports two way crossfire

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Probably a cherry picked 7870 if I had to guess without actually googling he answer :)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

i would say the R9 270X is like the HD 7870 GHz edition or the HD 7870 XT

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.