Have you ever done a real IQ test?

Izaya Orihara

Have you ever passed/done a real IQ Test? (Not a test on the web...) It's to either confrim or proof as wrong the sterotype that every techy person is super smart. I have passed one 9 Years ago. (With 12) And i got a score of 128. 

i have

i wouldnt call mine accurate per say. i got something that is probably too high :S

i have

i wouldnt call mine accurate per say. i got something that is probably too high :S

How high did you score? 

Hmm either we have someone bullshiting here or we have a genius around. 

Last time I got one I was on Adderall which I got a 145 or something around there so my actual score is probably more like 130.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I took a few tests because of school and they all listed in the ballpark of 170. Kinda strange because usually people with that high of an IQ aren't an ass like me... :D I can figure the weirdest engineering shit out though.

I took a few tests because of school and they all listed in the ballpark of 170. Kinda strange because usually people with that high of an IQ aren't an ass like me... :D I can figure the weirdest engineering shit out though.

I'm going to hide in the corner with my 128 now. Thanks for making me feel stupid. xD 

How high did you score? 

i took a private one and no one in my life knows i took it xD fake name and all that

lets juist say its above 130 :P

In foster care, we were required to take an IQ test. On that one 131. Later in a group home I also tested 131. At a "troubled youth" after school program tested at 130. I recently tried an online test where my wife scored in the 150's and I scored a 160.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Hmm either we have someone bullshiting here or we have a genius around. 

dont worry most of themn are probably bullshitting

people like to think they are smarter than they actually are or take extremely outdated tests (talking about the above 150 people

I'm going to hide in the corner with my 128 now. Thanks for making me feel stupid. xD 

It was a while ago and I got a few concussions inbetween then and now so I'm sure it's gone down a few points at least.

i took a private one and no one in my life knows i took it xD fake name and all that

lets juist say its above 130 :P

I feel like a potato rigth now... with 128 normal i'm in the top 10% rigth now there is only one guy with a lower IQ than mine. 

I scored 136 back in high school. Its been a while since then.... I was actually a pretty bad student back in high school too lol...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

IQ testing is really complicated, and it's often not a very good way of measuring intelligence in this way. For a start it was intended as a means to categorise those who are mentally handicapped; i.e. if you reach X you're normal, if you're below X you're mentally handicapped. For this reason the system is demonstrably unreliable at measuring very low or very high IQs (because it was never supposed to), which means if you're above average the accuracy gets way off and if you're below average the same is true. It was only meant to determine who was normal.

That's why you get so many people saying "I only got 60 :'(" or "I got 170 but I'm not that smart". Those people are often not retarded or super smart, they're just below and above average, with their scores skewed by the ordinal scale. A difference between 100 and 120 is more meaningful than 120 and 150, since once you go above a certain point the increases aren't representative anymore. A person with a score of 150 probably isn't any more intelligent than a person with score 130, because the margin for error is so great that if you repeated the test for both subjects the 130 scorer would probably come out higher and the 150 lower. Moreover the Flynn effect means a person of average intelligence 100 years ago would be classified as mentally handicapped today, so the goalposts are constantly moving (every year the average score increases by something like 0.3 I think) and it kinda matters how long ago you took the test to some extent.

IQ is great at measuring close to the average value, but aside from ascertaining whether someone is above or below that average, it's not a very good comparative measure. My school had everyone do one, but we never got told the result (or if we did I didn't think it was important and forgot it). All I know is that I got put into the "gifted and talented" program after that, so presumably it was pretty high. Even got a little green card for it with "young gifted and talented" written on it; no idea what it was supposed to be for lol.

I did a gifted test a couple years ago and I ranked in the 99.4th percentile, with an IQ of about 135-140 from an actual psychologist that tested me for a couple hours. Right now I'm in my schools gifted program with other smart asses lol.

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

I feel like a potato rigth now... with 128 normal i'm in the top 10% rigth now there is only one guy with a lower IQ than mine. 

well do u think people with low iq's would put that on? 

I did years ago but dont remember the score , but they said i have concentration issues and that i was dyxelect...yeah however its spellt.

im that D word too still got a nice high score though xD

what is a real IQ test?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

inteligence ≠ understanding

I have trie don online but read bad wot reviews, so fuck tha shit.

especially since it deals with brain abstract thinking. just like in action Ram available.

I tought inteligence was more then that. in real life, you use tools like papers to put your ideas down and probably end up with better success then anyone.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I don't care honestly, it's kind of late to do something worthwhile if I was "gifted". School was easy, way too fucking easy but I could never concentrate I was always too depressed to give a fuck about studying or getting a career.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have had a few done, the highest I've scored was 153. My Autism has all to do with it.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!