Google Voice Search Just Got A Lot Smarter

Google has now updated their voice search system to recognize relationship context to your contacts. You will now be able to search contacts and dial out just by saying 'call mom' or 'call uncle John' for example. Though the change is small, it is important for Google's ultimate goal, complete ant total domination of our lives (in a good way of course) 

With smarter search comes smarter apps and smarter ways of communicating to your device. Search results that are tailored to you rather than something general is a definite step in the right direction.

Google will need these sorts of innovations in order to 'invade the home space' which is probably taking place sooner than we think with their recent acquisition of NEST, with their popular 'smart thermostat' and 'smart smoke detector'

What do you guys and gals think?

Positive or negate? 

ok-google.jpg

Link to the Verge article.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

siri mk2 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

As a person with a speech impediment I never use any type of voice based tech

siri mk2 

But even moar better-er-er-er

because

science

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

As a person with a speech impediment I never use any type of voice based tech

Who knows, seems likely that is google's next step. Taking into account thick accents and speech impediments would be a great move forward for smart search.

Hail Sithis!

Who knows, seems likely that is google's next step. Taking into account thick accents and speech impediments would be a great move forward for smart search.

Too bad my stutter wont let me say the word to begin with lol

Too bad my stutter wont let me say the word to begin with lol

waving-white-flag.gifI give up.. :D

Hail Sithis!

bump

Hail Sithis!

Anyone else? :P

Hail Sithis!

Anyone else? :P

WTF dude stop bumping your thread. do you need so much attention? :P

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

USEFUL! Context aware software is great stuff.f

Sometimes I say to Navigation "Take me home" in exasperation. Then it gives me directions to somewhere else. Would be nice to actually understand where I live and just put those directions in.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Saying call mom does not call my mother :(

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

WTF dude stop bumping your thread. do you need so much attention? :P

I bumped it once...

Hail Sithis!

Saying call mom does not call my mother :(

You have to do some configuring :D

Hail Sithis!

So is this coming in an update? Cause I haven't got it yet.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

You have to do some configuring :D

How much? I set the relationship, so what else MUST I DO GOOGLE!?!?!? YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO MY MOTHER IS, I KNOW YOU DO

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

How much? I set the relationship, so what else MUST I DO GOOGLE!?!?!? YOU ALREADY KNOW WHO MY MOTHER IS, I KNOW YOU DO

you have to add another field. add relationship, mother

Hail Sithis!

Now I can say "Call retarded friend".Yay!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

you have to add another field. add relationship, mother

I did though!

15" MBP TB

*calls self*

:P

Hail Sithis!

I did though!

IDK

Hail Sithis!

Go to google Now and say 'call my mom' or whatever

it will ask you who your mom is and then you tell it.

yay

Hail Sithis!

I don't think they have a relationship field called "retarded friend. Maybe at some point, though.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking