Max temp of the gtx 1070 while playing shadow of the tomb raide

Roudy sahmarani
Go to solution Solved by WkdPaul,

Yes, simply change the settings you want and don't touch the core and mem frequencies.

12 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Can you tell us the actual core clock and memory clock speeds? Also the temperatures

how to see this? but max temp is 65 degree

4 minutes ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

how to see this? but max temp is 65 degree

On the graphs, you should see core clock and memory clock speed. Run something that puts the GPU under load and see where the clocks stay at.

Hello should i open afterburner for the fan curve that i have make to work or no? If afterburner is closed will the fan curve be at stock? And should i open afterburner for the overclock to work too?

yes, it has to open at the background otherwise fan value will be at a static value.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

12 minutes ago, Levent said:

yes, it has to open at the background otherwise fan value will be at a static value.

Thank you and what about overclock

1 minute ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

Thank you and what about overclock

You can close Afterburner once it's applied. (But not the fan curve as it has no internal stats to read to base the curve on)

Without Afterburner, It's Auto or Manual Fan Values I'm pretty sure.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

7 hours ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

Gpu is at 2088mhz and mem 4608mhz

Yeah that is a very good overclock. As long as it doesn't go over 80-85C for everyday use you'll be fine

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 hour ago, Cereal5 said:

Yeah that is a very good overclock. As long as it doesn't go over 80-85C for everyday use you'll be fine

the temp max is 65 degree because i have changed the fan curve

hello guys i was overclocking my gtx 1070 founders edition and didn't see so much of improvement in games so i want to revert the card to stock clocks how to do this?
if i click on the reset button on the msi afterburner will it revert to normal i mean the core clock and memory clock and power limit and voltage? and the fan curve because i have made a fan curve agressive for the card and i want everything to be removed and reverted back to normal. so if i click the reset and then uninstall afterburner and after that i restored the pc to a time before the overclock and loaded the default optimized settings in bios will this do the job and get rid of the overclock and any instance of afterburner and thank you.

Yeah that will do it.  

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

All you have to do is click the reset or default button in MSI Afterburner and the clock speed will be reverted to its stock settings. You don't have to uninstall the software, restore the PC, or reset the BIOS.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

i was afraid of not getting rid of the overclock thank you

11 hours ago, thegreengamers said:

All you have to do is click the reset or default button in MSI Afterburner and the clock speed will be reverted to its stock settings. You don't have to uninstall the software, restore the PC, or reset the BIOS.

thank you and one more thing if i have overclocked the card and then revert it back to normal will this damage the card or make it unstable or decrease in performance? or will it make it again as i have bought it from the box like if i have never overclocked it

11 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

Yeah that will do it.  

thank you

12 minutes ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

thank you and one more thing if i have overclocked the card and then revert it back to normal will this damage the card or make it unstable or decrease in performance? or will it make it again as i have bought it from the box like if i have never overclocked it

Ur fine don’t worry

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

You'd have to be pushing it very hard and for a long time for it to be damaged by a simple Overclock.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

27 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

You'd have to be pushing it very hard and for a long time for it to be damaged by a simple Overclock.

i have used it 2 days so this is fine i think

1 minute ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

i have used it 2 days so this is fine i think

Yeah, you are perfectly fine.

GPU Overclocking is hard to screw up. So long you don't hit the "Apply at system startup" button with a bad OC you'll be fine after a restart.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Hello guys if i overclocked the 1070 founders edition will i see any huge performance upgrade or a minimal with an r5 1600x will it be good or no so in other word will the r5 1600x with an overclocked gtx 1070 fe be good and perform well i mean will it impact the performance of the r5 1600x when i overclock the gpu or no and thank you.

The simple question

Will r5 1600x handle an overclocked gtx 1070 founders edition card or no? And will the overclock have a huge impact on performance during gaming or no?

Will r5 1600x handle an overclocked gtx 1070 founders edition card or no?

overclocking a gpu has no bearing on cpu compatibility

And will the overclock have a huge impact on performance during gaming or no?

this entirely depends on the game , the settings , the performance , and performance you wish to achieve

Depends on what you are using it for...

Now, the "Can it handle it" question, obviously it can. As far as CPU/GPU overclocking goes they don't depend on each other and won't suddenly become incompatible cause you decided to overclock one of em.

Performance depends on the said application, say for example you are playing a game that is GPU bound, in such case overclocking your GPU will definitely give you a better performance.

If the CPU is a limiting factor (some games use a lot of CPU horsepower) and your GPU is not being fully utilized,

In such case Overclocking your GPU will not increase your performance since your CPU is limiting the performance (Also called as CPU bottleneck)

Also keep in mind that Overclocking will drastically increase the power requirement from your PSU.

So make sure you have a decent power supply that can supply enough power.

25 minutes ago, NEO_STARK said:

Depends on what you are using it for...

Now, the "Can it handle it" question, obviously it can. As far as CPU/GPU overclocking goes they don't depend on each other and won't suddenly become incompatible cause you decided to overclock one of em.

Performance depends on the said application, say for example you are playing a game that is GPU bound, in such case overclocking your GPU will definitely give you a better performance.

If the CPU is a limiting factor (some games use a lot of CPU horsepower) and your GPU is not being fully utilized,

In such case Overclocking your GPU will not increase your performance since your CPU is limiting the performance (Also called as CPU bottleneck)

Also keep in mind that Overclocking will drastically increase the power requirement from your PSU.

So make sure you have a decent power supply that can supply enough power.

Thank you for this great reply and infirmation my psu is a silverstone strider essential 600w is it good or no?

1 hour ago, emosun said:

overclocking a gpu has no bearing on cpu compatibility

this entirely depends on the game , the settings , the performance , and performance you wish to achieve

Thank you my friend i appreciate your help

What program did you use to overclock? It should have a "default" button that reverts the settings. You won't be able to check stock speeds, pascal cards never run on base clock because of gpu boost 3.0

28 minutes ago, Roudy sahmarani said:

Thank you for this great reply and infirmation my psu is a silverstone strider essential 600w is it good or no?

Does it have the 80+ efficiency rating?

Even if it does 600w seems bare minimum and I'd recommend around 750w or 850w but that depends on how much you wanna overclock. I am not an expert in Overclocking, so It'd be better if you made a different post to ask about it.

You'll get better answers there :)