Gtx 1050ti and a 32" 1440p monitor

Galivnik

Will I be able to run games on 1440p, 32"" monitor with a gtx 1050ti? With good FPS?

(its a 75fps monitor).

I am upgrading from a 24" 1080p monitor with 65 fps but I don't plan on buying anything else (if I dont have to).

This is the monitor in question

All help appreciated :)

2 minutes ago, Galivnik said:

Will I be able to run games on 1440p, 32"" monitor with a gtx 1050ti? With good FPS?

(its a 75fps monitor).

I am upgrading from a 24" 1080p monitor with 65 fps but I don't plan on buying anything else (if I dont have to).

that might be a little much to ask for. it will handle it in some games, but not all

Depends on the games. The 1050Ti is a card that does okay at 1080p with medium-high settings, but good FPS at 1440 won't be a thing if you want more than low details, unless all you play is CS:GO/DOTA2. Even for Kidsnite you'll need at least a 1060.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

What kind of games are we talking about here?
I have a backpup GTX 1050 2GB which I used for a month when I was in a pinch to play on my 1440p monitor.

Games like Rocket League had no problem to run at 165FPS at the lowest settings but something like BF1 even at lowest settings was an unplayable mess.

depends on the game

games like ow , cs go , fortnite 

will probably be able to run fine at medium settings

but demanding games such as shadow of the tomb raider or anything like it wont run smoothly

Well how well does your current 1080p monitor run.. expect the fps to drop in everything. 

but as above it does depend on the games you pleas really.

depends on your settings and your cards ability to overclock. mine handles 1080p 75hz no problems in most games on mid-high settings some games run in ultra depends on the titles and the card mine is a slot powered EVGA so im power throttling at this point.

38 minutes ago, WereCat said:

What kind of games are we talking about here?
I have a backpu GTX 1050 2GB which I used for a month when I was in a pinch to play on my 1440p monitor.

Games like Rocket League had no problem to run at 165FPS at the lowest settings but something like BF1 even at lowest settings was unplayable mess.

Shadow of war, pubg, rise of the tomb raider, payday 2, gta V and cuphead. This are the games I currently play (or I would if I didn't brake my old monitor). Oh and im also gonna get the new hitman game, this will probably be a problem with this setting :(

37 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

depends on the game

games like ow , cs go , fortnite 

will probably be able to run fine at medium settings

but demanding games such as shadow of the tomb raider or anything like it wont run smoothly

I play a variety of games, see my comment above

39 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that might be a little much to ask for. it will handle it in some games, but not all

Alright thanks, gonna need to upgrade then 

38 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Depends on the games. The 1050Ti is a card that does okay at 1080p with high settings, but good FPS at 1440 won't be a thing if you want more than low details, unless all you play is CS:GO/DOTA2. Even for Kidsnite you'll need at least a 1060.

Yeah it probably wont work well on most of my games, judging by your and other replies. I'll just get the monitor and see hot it works out, gonna upgrade to a 1070 if I need to

3 minutes ago, Galivnik said:

Alright thanks, gonna need to upgrade than 

Yeah it probably wont work well on most of my games, judging by your and other replies. I'll just get the monitor and see hot it works out, gonna upgrade to a 1070 if I need to

Add Ti to that 1070. The price difference is small, performance difference is notable.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

1070 ti is highly recommended for 1440p. I can tell you that.

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Add Ti to that 1070. The price difference is small, performance difference is notable.

What about gtx 1060 6gb? Its almost 150€ cheaper

Just now, Galivnik said:

nah, that's more something for 1080p

2 minutes ago, Galivnik said:

The 1060 really is a 1080p card and entry level 1440p. If you want a good 1440p experience for current AAA games at max settings, you'll need to step up to the 1070Ti.

36 minutes ago, caldrin said:

Well how well does your current 1080p monitor run.. expect the fps to drop in everything. 

but as above it does depend on the games you pleas really.

It ran well with most games set on high sett8 but I broke the screen

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

nah, that's more something for 1080p

20 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The 1060 really is a 1080p card and entry level 1440p. If you want a good 1440p experience for current AAA games at max settings, you'll need to step up to the 1070Ti.

Alright thanks for the help :)

1070ti it is, im just gonna have to wait till January to buy it, meanwhile ill just mess around with the 1050ti and see if any games are playable. Movies and basic stuff like that shouldn't be a problem, right?

3 minutes ago, Galivnik said:

1070ti it is, im just gonna have to wait till January to buy it, meanwhile ill just mess around with the 1050ti and see if any games are playable. Movies and basic stuff like that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Correct. Some games might be okay at low settings.

17 minutes ago, Galivnik said:

Shadow of war, pubg, rise of the tomb raider, payday 2, gta V and cuphead. This are the games I currently play (or I would if I didn't brake my old monitor). Oh and im also gonna get the new hitman game, this will probably be a problem with this setting :(

Cuphead and PayDay 2 will run fine.... the others... nope. At least not at 1440p. You will need to use 1080p and upscale which looks terrible.

15 minutes ago, Galivnik said:

Yeah you will be ok playing games at lower settings or even setting the resolution a bit lower... movies and basic stuff will be fine for sure.

By next year the 1070ti may have even dropped in price a bit. 

One more question, now I'm looking at 1070ti's and there are Asus, msi and gigabite ones. Does it matter which one I get? I have a gigabyte motherboard

1 hour ago, caldrin said:

Yeah you will be ok playing games at lower settings or even setting the resolution a bit lower... movies and basic stuff will be fine for sure.

By next year the 1070ti may have even dropped in price a bit. 

One more question, now I'm looking at 1070ti's and there are Asus, msi and gigabite ones. Does it matter which one I get? I have a gigabyte motherboard.

4 hours ago, Galivnik said:

(its a 75fps monitor).

It will struggle...hard. If you play games like Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege you can probably hit 60fps on Medium setting. Overall, if you play AAA games, then you will really struggle. 30fps with high/medium settings. So, if you are cool with that then Id say go for it untii you can buy a GTX 1070 or 1070 Ti. 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

14 hours ago, Galivnik said:

(its a 75fps monitor).

Not if you're playing AAA games like Fallout 76, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield 5, and Assassins creed Odyssey you won't. You MAY be able to just barely squeek by with 60fps if you turn everything down to low. Maybe. And that probably won't last into holiday next year. 

Now if you're playing esports games like CSGO, Dota 2, League of Legends, HOTS, Starcraft, Overwatch, ect. then that's a different story and you should be just fine.

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

13 hours ago, Galivnik said:

One more question, now I'm looking at 1070ti's and there are Asus, msi and gigabite ones. Does it matter which one I get? I have a gigabyte motherboard

Not really. All of those brands are fine. Choose whichever is cheapest as long as it has at least 2 fans on it. You could also weight in aesthetics if you care about that. But yeah all of those brands are fine and any mutli-fan card from them will perform the same within +-3% of each other

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

14 hours ago, Zeitec said:

Not really. All of those brands are fine. Choose whichever is cheapest as long as it has at least 2 fans on it. You could also weight in aesthetics if you care about that. But yeah all of those brands are fine and any mutli-fan card from them will perform the same within +-3% of each other

Tank you, the price difference between the different brands is nt that small