PC specs for 4G internet?

2018amdbuild

Hi, I'm intending to pick up an unlimited 4g data plan soon, only reason I haven't yet is to see if a phone im intending to buy will go on sale on blackf riday/cyber monday...my question is this, are their any pc specs I should look out for when tethering my 4g internet to my PC (no fibre optic available for me at the moment)? like mobo specs or anything else? reason I ask is I'm also building a PC at the moment, only have mobo and case left to go, want to make sure I dont' handicap my internet speeds.

5 minutes ago, 2018amdbuild said:

Hi, I'm intending to pick up an unlimited 4g data plan soon

"Unlimited 4G data plans" are rarely actually unlimited. It might be something such as first 5GB then slows to 256kbps after that without excess charging. Read the fine print and see what the plan actually offers and consider if it will be suitable for your needs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

"Unlimited 4G data plans" are rarely actually unlimited. It might be something such as first 5GB then slows to 256kbps after that without excess charging. Read the fine print and see what the plan actually offers and consider if it will be suitable for your needs.

I've heard, the details don't add much but I'll call them when lines are open to ask about it more, the lesser plan offers 100GB though, one would assume this offers at least that much even if its not actual unlimited 4g, but I will call them to find out.

4g says they're truly unlimited though, no speed cap

https://www.4g.co.uk/news/unlimited-data/

34 minutes ago, 2018amdbuild said:

are their any pc specs I should look out for when tethering my 4g internet to my PC

the pc will need to be capable of internet communication

thats about it. so anything from roughly 1987 or newer with a network port

2 hours ago, 2018amdbuild said:

Hi, I'm intending to pick up an unlimited 4g data plan soon, only reason I haven't yet is to see if a phone im intending to buy will go on sale on blackf riday/cyber monday...my question is this, are their any pc specs I should look out for when tethering my 4g internet to my PC (no fibre optic available for me at the moment)? like mobo specs or anything else? reason I ask is I'm also building a PC at the moment, only have mobo and case left to go, want to make sure I dont' handicap my internet speeds.

Spooky, actually be sure to read the terms of service aswell. Sometimes they hide things in there that you probably want to know about.