What’s dirtiest computer you gotten

KieranIrishdude

I gotten this pc from my work that is so bad with cigarette gunk the DVD tray doesn’t work

feel Free to upload a photo of yours 

Im trying to get a good photo of this pc but with iPad it’s kinda hard so I’ll try later

Yeah same here sometimes tho i get odd beyond even usable pc with inches of gunk not dust gunk ?. But I do get pretty clean pcs once in awhile.

I "cleaned" my brother-in-laws pc. It literally was so dusty that the heatsinks looked like solid blocks. There were at least 4-5 dead bugs in it and the worst of all... a dead mouse that somehow got in but couldn't get out. It was an older core 2 quad with a gtx 470 in it. He had just recently upgraded and wanted to give this machine to his kids. I literally took it to work and dumped it in the e-waste bin and spent about $750 of my own money to make his kids a decent machine.

The funny thing is the machine they have now is better than his slightly :-D.  This all happened about a year or two ago when Ryzen had recently just launched. He was running a 1500x with stock cooler and a 1060 3gb.  The kids ended up with a 1600 with w/e cooler I grabbed from microcenter than supported am4 (similar to h212) and a 1060 6gb that had been returned and was a good open box deal. After a nice 4ghz overclock they were ready to rock and roll.  If I had it do over I would have got them better ram, I think they got 8gb of ddr 2800 that was on sale.

Anyways that was the nastiest computer I have ever seen and it was decommissioned for it.

I’m surprised a mouse would get into a case like that 

pretty crazy what happens In pc cases when your not cleaning them or don’t have time.

I’m also getting a 1060 6gb after several old gpus last one is a 670 2gb managed to get a deal to sell it for 80$ at my local pawnshop 

Typically I don't do servicing on PC's, but the one time I did it likely in a similar situation as the PC you got OP.

Smelt of cigarettes, had that tar like texture on all the dust in the system on top of it living in the same house as 3 cats (according to the owner of the system).

Fortunately for me, I just had to check if the new GPU would go well with his CPU and PSU (which it would) before I could hand this system off to my unlucky colleague who had to clean this monstrosity (offered it to the guy, for a fee of course.. I would not let him attempt to fit a GPU in that filthy system).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i was asked to fix a friend of a friends comp. needless to say i gave it back.....everyone in the house was a heavy smoker for one. it was sooooo tar gunked the crap was runny. the second i guess house wasnt clean, thanks to tar it was also a roach motel....grossest thing i have ever seen

1 hour ago, circeseye said:

i was asked to fix a friend of a friends comp. needless to say i gave it back.....everyone in the house was a heavy smoker for one. it was sooooo tar gunked the crap was runny. the second i guess house wasnt clean, thanks to tar it was also a roach motel....grossest thing i have ever seen

O my lord that’s nasty