Setting the resolution in youtube

So I have 2 things that I want to accomplish. First, I find it annoying that I have to go into the resolution settings every time I watch a video because it defaults to something lower. YouTube used to have a setting for this but they got rid of it a few years ago when they did a redesign of their webpage. I know there are extensions for things like this, except those are blocked by the administrator on the device I use. Does anybody know if there is still a way to do this without installing an extension?

Secondly, I have a Kindle Fire and the YouTube app on it is just a version of the mobile webpage. The desktop mode is clunky and doesn't work on the browser, and the full screen is messed up so use the app, but there isn't a thing where you can turn up the resolution. So you're just stuck watching videos in 360p, which isn't great at all. A fix, anyone?

57 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

I know there are extensions for things like this, except those are blocked by the administrator on the device I use. 

If that's the case, then should it be something you're watching YouTube on? 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

If that's the case, then should it be something you're watching YouTube on? 

It's probably fine. And I have no other options.

Youtube selects it by your connection. So default with fast connection is 720p. Mobile app will save resolution you set to.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have a slow connection, but it can manage 720p. I just want to be able to manually change that instead of having it just default to whatever on the mobile If there's not a way, then that's okay.

You are probably unlucky like me. On my wifi with cellphone if i always have to change the first video to a specific resolution then it keep it "usually" for all the subsequent videos. On PC it never retain the setting unless i activate my extension. I do have 300 mbps connection and it does sometime select 560p instead of 1080p. But i have to keep the extension updated because it often stop working when youtube changes things around