For the first time in 24 years sony wont host an e3 press conference

lacion

Sony CEO mentions the lack of new games is making impossible to host a press conference.

the article also mentions that PC game market and mobile game market are eating away from consoles fast.

this is kinda sad, Sony always pushed great IP`s on the PS platform, I hope some of that finds its way to pc.

Source: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/playstation-skips-e3-1203029833/

30 minutes ago, lacion said:

the article also mentions that PC game market and mobile game market are eating away from consoles fast.

Good

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Regardless of new games or not, you no longer need to get magazines to get E3 info. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

This news entry does not meet with the posting guidelines:

As a result, it has been moved until the entry is fixed to meet the guidelines.

@lacion, PM me when done

12 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

PS5 2020. That's why.

Well, honestly, in the end, most people watch it online. So why not just have a pre-recorded event. Something where the content can be reviewed multiple times and ensure it is properly understood, adjusted for the different markets, edited by the marketing team to make it the most appealing, and probably all this cost much less than a stage event.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Well, honestly, in the end, most people watch it online. So why not just have a pre-recorded event. Something where the content can be reviewed multiple times and ensure it is properly understood, adjusted for the different markets, edited by the marketing team to make it the most appealing, and probably all this cost much less than a stage event.

I don't know. I'd have done that years ago if I was running the marketing for a gaming company.

I do have PS4 which I primarily use for blu rays now since most of their "exclusives" are now just timed exclusives.  Not a bad console by any means but if I have reason to believe they will do the same with the PS5 (not to mention the mid-gen Pro stuff) then I will see little reason to pay any attention to them next gen.

They basically showed off the SAME set of games in the last 2 years. Taf is right, probably just slowing things down so they can have a good launch for the PS5, wouldn't be surprised if Death Stranding is the big selling point for it.