sellgpu.com

Is SellGPU.com safe or is it a scam? If so is there any other similar services that will buy computer parts?

I don't know but just ebay it, that's where you'll get the best price. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap

is also an option. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Not sure where you are from, check webuy.com . I sold there multiple times, the prices they offer aren't anything great but they will be willing to take anything you give them, no matter how old. (of course under the condition that it works)

It could be legit, but keep in mind that they will obviously take a cut out of whatever they get for it, meaning you might be better off selling it yourself either locally or on ebay, for the best price.

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/sellgpu.com
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.sellgpu.com (Though not sure if reliable, since each reviewer only has a single review to their name.. for all we know, they could be the same person)

I mean, I put in my GPU (as a 280x since that's basically the same card/rebrand as my 7970Ghz), and they offer me a massive 28$ for it...  I know for a fact I can get a lot more than  28$ for it, even if I consider ebay and paypal fees, I'd still be making over double that amount selling it myself.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I selected Evga 1080TI never overclocked or mined on.

image.png.a74580ec0158b7324f1018c2fd353184.png

Same card on ebay

image.png.a8bff751b7f9d1634e57bd805fd7f9d1.png

So my thoughts are it IS a scam by what they actually give you for value of the card.

For the record.... Ebay fees

image.png.28447b2ccb40eb9418a98f6ce68b6fdc.png

So lets assume you get it for 600 (about average)

So that is $4.38 on the initual 50 and $22 on the remaining 550. So $600 - $26.38 =  $573.62 your cut.

Its not straight up scamsite. But its also not best option if you want to get most out of selling stuff. They aren't really "scamming" with payments either. They are more like pawnshop. Looking to get profit by reselling stuff. So if we take @AngryBeaver's example from above. eBay is marketplace who takes cut from price to cover their own operation. Sellers could use other means, like forums, with less protection both ways. So with eBay, thats what their part is. SellGPU.com is offering service where you get straight up paid. No need to swap details with buyer, fight with large sums of money and shipping stuff. You send working card in and get money for it. Easiest way. But since you sell card to them, not to other user directly, they are in business of reselling. And that means that they are looking to get back money they paid to you + shipping fees (+ other costs of running a business). Which means that value they offer is noticeably less than what the actual value is. Just like a pawnshop operates.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Its not straight up scamsite. But its also not best option if you want to get most out of selling stuff. They aren't really "scamming" with payments either. They are more like pawnshop. Looking to get profit by reselling stuff. So if we take @AngryBeaver's example from above. eBay is marketplace who takes cut from price to cover their own operation. Sellers could use other means, like forums, with less protection both ways. So with eBay, thats what their part is. SellGPU.com is offering service where you get straight up paid. No need to swap details with buyer, fight with large sums of money and shipping stuff. You send working card in and get money for it. Easiest way. But since you sell card to them, not to other user directly, they are in business of reselling. And that means that they are looking to get back money they paid to you + shipping fees (+ other costs of running a business). Which means that value they offer is noticeably less than what the actual value is. Just like a pawnshop operates.

Which in this day and age there is little reason to use them. You can easily toss up a 1080ti for a $500 buyout. Before this though take the card to a shipping place like USPS and see how much they will charge to pack and ship the item Probably $15-25 in most cases tack on about $5 for your time and gas and make sure to add the shipping cost... so they get the card for $530 probably or just list it higher and say "Free shipping" either way the only work you need to do is drive it to a shipping place and they will do the rest. So for minimal effort you made an extra $200 in profit for pretty much no risk if on Ebay.

Also if you do ship on ebay take pictures of the card before shipping and the package before it ships. This pretty much covers you in case of a corrupt buyer

yeah no 

7B034F12-7BED-4623-B697-E57B41E88E2B.png

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

yeah no 

7B034F12-7BED-4623-B697-E57B41E88E2B.png

Umm, what? What did you expect? You are searching from company which verifies other business legality, not from SellGPU's site.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv