Should I turn on motion blur?

LuckyOwl40

I can play games at 50 fps but the fps drop randomly to 40 and 30 so the question is do i need to turn on the motion blur so i cannot be able to notice the drop that much or what?

Honestly it's a personally preference thing more than anything else. I would try both and see what you like more. I don't like motion blur myself and always disable it but I know others who prefer it on. 

Most people are very sensitive to motion blur, I personally get dizzy if motion blur is on. It might give you a small performance bump if it's on, but it's not worth it in exchange for a headache IMO.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

4 minutes ago, LuckyOwl40 said:

I can play games at 50 fps but the fps drop randomly to 40 and 30 so the question is do i need to turn on the motion blur so i cannot be able to notice the drop that much or what?

I don't like motion blur personally. I would rather turn some settings down than turning on motionblur

I play consistent 60 fps but I'm still one of those weirdos that likes motion blur on. It's all up to whether you think it looks better.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 hours ago, LuckyOwl40 said:

Turning on motion blur won't bring your fps up. If anything, it will bring it down. If you want less drops, turn down other settings you don't care much about that have higher impact on fps. If you're playing say, open world games, fps drops are gonna exist in certain areas of the game regardless.

the blur is one setting I hate,(also fog settings and sometimes shadow details)

-turning it on sacrifices some performance.

-it just againts clear vision of AA and high resolution