Feel like a waste of space in work, any ideas what to do?

Radioactive Snowman

So I work in an office doing paperwork for a group of therapists, the last couple weeks I've noticed they no longer have any interest in having conversations with me. I go in in the mornings, say hello and ask about their day etc. I get a very brief response before they go back to their own conversation, ignoring me. 

Today one of the therapists was finishing working in this office and they decided to give her a going away present and were going out for lunch. I wasn't told about any of this so I didn't have the opportunity to contribute towards the present and I also wasnt invited out to lunch. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do about this? I'm considering finding another job because this one makes me feel so worthless.

Are you full time or contracted labor? This seems like they just don't consider you part of their "group" If they are all therapists and you aren't then maybe they just feel they don't have much common ground with you.

They could just see you as beneath them which also happens at a lot of jobs. It is like how a Executive probably wouldn't even be bother to acknowledge someone in say the mail room.

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Contact HR? Usually they're more than happy to help you with stuff like this.

What good is this going to do? They haven't done anything wrong and it just makes the OP look like a whiner trying to start drama. Depending on his employment status they might even find a reason to let him go or cancel his contract. It is much easier to let someone go doing paperwork that it is a therapist.

Not trying to be rude here, just frank and realistic. If you don't want to feel looked down on then you will need to work on bettering yourself and advancing your career.

Fuck em, if they don't have time for you, don't have time for them.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

6 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Are you full time or contracted labor? This seems like they just don't consider you part of their "group" If they are all therapists and you aren't then maybe they just feel they don't have much common ground with you.

They could just see you as beneath them which also happens at a lot of jobs. It is like how a Executive probably wouldn't even be bother to acknowledge someone in say the mail room.

What good is this going to do? They haven't done anything wrong and it just makes the OP look like a whiner trying to start drama. Depending on his employment status they might even find a reason to let him go or cancel his contract. It is much easier to let someone go doing paperwork that it is a therapist.

Not trying to be rude here, just frank and realistic. If you don't want to feel looked down on then you will need to work on bettering yourself and advancing your career.

I'm contracted, but you've also hit the nail on the head. They think I'm just the paper pusher in the corner, I'm only acknowledged when they need something done

1 minute ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I'm contracted, but you've also hit the nail on the head. They think I'm just the paper pusher in the corner, I'm only acknowledged when they need something done

This is something you will deal with many times throughout life. I wouldn't let it get to you. It is only a contract job so you are either just looking for a way to earn money or working on getting experience... possibly both. So just keep your head down, do your job and write them off as asshats.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

This is something you will deal with many times throughout life. I wouldn't let it get to you. It is only a contract job so you are either just looking for a way to earn money or working on getting experience... possibly both. So just keep your head down, do your job and write them off as asshats.

I'm out of there at christmas anyway, my contract expires on the 31st of December. They're trying to extend it but my mental health is bad enough without dealing with that crap on a daily basis

Maybe they’re doing an experiment on you

28 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

my mental health is bad

well they are therapists so maybe they could help..

all jokes aside i suggest trying to become friends with just one for now, maybe invite them out somewhere and if you become one of their friends, they might bring you up and you have your foot in the door.. this is how i make friends at school so i guess it should work here too.. just find the nicest looking one and stat there

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 hour ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

So I work in an office doing paperwork for a group of therapists, the last couple weeks I've noticed they no longer have any interest in having conversations with me. I go in in the mornings, say hello and ask about their day etc. I get a very brief response before they go back to their own conversation, ignoring me. 

Today one of the therapists was finishing working in this office and they decided to give her a going away present and were going out for lunch. I wasn't told about any of this so I didn't have the opportunity to contribute towards the present and I also wasnt invited out to lunch. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do about this? I'm considering finding another job because this one makes me feel so worthless.

Really? I suffer worse in early my teenage years jobs. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

6 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Not that kind of therapist unfortunately

physical therapist? those are the only kinds i know

10 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Occupational therapists

ohhhhh

Just now, Tangeek said:

Sabotage their network, fix it, and get re-hird as the IT.

They. Will. Love. You.

I've done that apart from the saboatage part ? IT are extremely slow so I just fix everything I have access to