Windows C not detecting all space.

KingTing

My Windows C drive says it has a total of 474GB, but I have a 1TB hard drive connected to it. Is there anyway to expand Windows C?

Windows C not Detecting all Storage.PNG

Is the drive partitioned?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

If you open Disk Management you should be able to see more advanced information on the drive, and if the drive has been partitioned (split up in to multiple volumes).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, KingTing said:

My Windows C drive says it has a total of 474GB, but I have a 1TB hard drive connected to it. Is there anyway to expand Windows C?

Windows C not Detecting all Storage.PNG

Following what @Spotty said, you should be able to "expand" the drive if that other space is not used in a seperate partition. If it IS a seperate partition and you want to combine them, for safety, move everything off the extra partition, and then combine them, easiest way is to delete the partition, there by forcing a format and then combining it to your C drive partition.

Edit: to be clear, I mean't delete the extra partition, don't delete your C drive... not sure if it would let you, but by god I'm sure someone has done it.

18 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You can use SpaceSniffer (free): http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

To get a visual representation to know the folders in the entire drive that consume the most space, and from there you can free up space

Won't help in this instance. The problem is that it's showing the total capacity of the volume as 474GB on a supposedly 1TB drive.

@KingTing Do you know what model of drive it is? If you open Device Manager it should show you the drive model number in the Disk Drives group.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

21 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Won't help in this instance. The problem is that it's showing the total capacity of the volume as 474GB on a supposedly 1TB drive.

Oh miss understood. I thought it was the C:\ partition that was consuming a lot.

Sorry

I have Macrium Reflect open and I can see that it has 442GB unallocated ?. How to I combine this with Windows C?

6 minutes ago, KingTing said:

I have Macrium Reflect open and I can see that it has 442GB unallocated ?. How to I combine this with Windows C?

I already answered.

Ok I figured it out with you guys' help. Thank you all very much!