Excel Help

Mrshan

I have multiple numbers in one column (I'm counting my grades) and I have their sum in a column next to it. So I need an average number of that column, so it's sum divided by the number of numbers (grades) [ S/n , where S is sum and n count of numbers I have] I have in that one column.
What formula do I use? AVERAGE doesn't work, because it doesn't count the numbers in that one column where I have multiple numbers

Hope you understand ( English is not my native language )

average = SUM() / COUNT()

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

average = SUM() / COUNT()

Nope, shows a #DIV/0! Error

This is the formula I've used to calculate the SUM of that one column, since SUM function didn't count every number in that column:
=SUM(IF(ISERR(VALUE(MID(B12,ROW($B$1:OFFSET($B$1,LEN(B12)-1,0)),1))),0,VALUE(MID(B12,ROW($B$1:OFFSET($B$1,LEN(B12)-1,0)),1))))

If the above didn't work, could you post a screenshot of your table?

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Just now, Rhyss said:

If the above didn't work, could you post a screenshot of your table?

So where it says "Srednja Ocjena" I want my arithmetic sequence
"Zbir" is the SUM of the numbers in the column "Ocjene" 

Capture.PNG

That's not a column that's a row...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

That's not a column that's a row...

oh yes... sry my bad
but I want to use this "3 4" column to divide with 7 hahah

6 minutes ago, Mrshan said:

oh yes... sry my bad
but I want to use this "3 4" column to divide with 7 hahah

Why can't you put the different values into individual cells?

That's how spreadsheets are meant to be used.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Why can't you put the different values into individual cells?

That's how spreadsheets are meant to be used.

I'm too lazy to change it now, even if it's easy af
I assume I'll do that, have individual cells, since I can't find a solution

On 11/12/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mrshan said:

I'm too lazy to change it now, even if it's easy af
I assume I'll do that, have individual cells, since I can't find a solution

You'll have to. The way it is now, Excel sees those cells as text/general. You can't have any other symbols in number cell but numbers and comma/dot (which ever you would use as decimal separator). And + or - at start to symbol positive and negative values. Tip regarding that, if you want to show + mark before number, have ' at start of it. Works also if you need to write out formulas. But Excel will then use that cell as text/general.

You can have header cell merged from all column headers you need for different grades.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

(LEN(TRIM(A1))-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(A1);" ";"")))+1

This formula returns number of grades in your case.

Replace A1 with cell where you have your grades.

And you still can use it the way you like (in single cell with spaces).

Don't worry about double spaces or spaces at the beginning or the end - they do not count.

Excel is really powerful program and if something can't be done using formula, there is always VBA.

18 hours ago, homeap5 said:

(LEN(TRIM(A1))-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(A1);" ";"")))+1

This formula returns number of grades in your case.

Replace A1 with cell where you have your grades.

And you still can use it the way you like (in single cell with spaces).

Don't worry about double spaces or spaces at the beginning or the end - they do not count.

Excel is really powerful program and if something can't be done using formula, there is always VBA.

TY for that but I ended up making a cell by cell Worksheet, where every grade had it's cell