alienware 15 r4 thermal during charger plugged in and without plugged in..

Angkit

Currently i am using alinware 15 r4 this is awesome laptop.. But i have a question when i game with the charger plugged in the  CPU temp goes up to 80 to 90 degress while the charger is not plugged the temp is about 65 to 70 degrees and there is not that  performance drop between this.. Why is this happening.. Can i maintain the same temp when charger plugged in??

I don't know much about laptops but, it probably allows the CPU or the GPU to get more voltage.

Try something like OpenHardwareMonitor and check what gets hotter/gets more power.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

ok,..can i limit the voltage... i tried intel xtu and throttle stop both of them didnt do anything 

2 minutes ago, Angkit said:

ok,..can i limit the voltage... i tried intel xtu and throttle stop both of them didnt do anything 

You should be able to in the BIOS. For the GPU you can probably use MSI Afterburner. Again, I'm not good with laptops so I'm not sure.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

my GPU temperature are fine the only issue is cpus

My R3 does the same thing, it's a power delivery thing. On the charger the CPU and GPU are able to run turbo much longer and don't have any power limiting. As for your temperatures the only way to control them is liquid metal and a good cleaning of the heatsinks from the inside-out every few months.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.