scammed via bitcoin can you do anything about it?

shmoochie
19 minutes ago, shmoochie said:

read the replies they exist for a reason I already said, I got scammed selling on ebay and didn't paypack the money for a long time so they banned my account, i eventually paid it off but it didn't help, I lost money + items + seller fees I was made to pay.

Ehh bite me. I read the replies and I'm talking about specifics, as someone who's had trouble selling with paypal before and had something similar happen. I was planning on helping out, but I'll just let you wallow in pity instead; since that seems to be your takeaway from everyone else's assistance.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:21 AM, shmoochie said:

selling

yeah well when buying, the "smart" buyer needs buyer protection, so the buyer has to think where are the places that offer buyer protection, then seek those services out.

23 hours ago, nick11682 said:

Ehh bite me. I read the replies and I'm talking about specifics, as someone who's had trouble selling with paypal before and had something similar happen. I was planning on helping out, but I'll just let you wallow in pity instead; since that seems to be your takeaway from everyone else's assistance.

help me how? my paypal is permanently limited ive called them many times and they cant do anything about it. once its permanently limited your banned from paypal forever unless you make a new one with all new info like new bank. CC. SSN etc.. or buy a stealth paypal account from those hacking websites.

8 hours ago, Canada EH said:

yeah well when buying, the "smart" buyer needs buyer protection, so the buyer has to think where are the places that offer buyer protection, then seek those services out.

no shit Sherlock. but I don't care about $25 as you can see by the thread I care about a kid scamming and wanted to see if there was anyway to report them so they can't anymore. I believe in working for money not taking it from people who do. only kids like you care about money more then trying to stop a scammer from scamming. im sure if that kid got a letter in the mail or email about being investigated for fraud they would stop what they are doing.

1 hour ago, shmoochie said:

a kid scamming

Could be a child or an adult, that is neither there or there. Cant do much other then report it.

Good try though.

Have a wonderful week bruh.

Be thankful it was only $25. Write it off as a lesson learned and move on with life. I would though report this seller to the site if they even care. I have a feeling the whole site is just as sketchy.

13 hours ago, shmoochie said:

help me how? my paypal is permanently limited ive called them many times and they cant do anything about it. once its permanently limited your banned from paypal forever unless you make a new one with all new info like new bank. CC. SSN etc.. or buy a stealth paypal account from those hacking websites.

no shit Sherlock. but I don't care about $25 as you can see by the thread I care about a kid scamming and wanted to see if there was anyway to report them so they can't anymore. I believe in working for money not taking it from people who do. only kids like you care about money more then trying to stop a scammer from scamming. im sure if that kid got a letter in the mail or email about being investigated for fraud they would stop what they are doing.

"Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Isn't the whole point of coins to be completely anonymous and untrackable?

On 11/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, shmoochie said:

ive read it can still be tracked especially if you use like coin base that you need to use a picture ID to get an account and your SSN

Every coin has its own code, although not inherent in every coin, come coins "specialty"  have a hard focus on being anonymous currencies. A coin Like Monero is fully private, with extreme security regarded as truly impenetrable, where even the government has admitted they have no ways of tracking it (no one will ever know how much money you have or where you've sent or received any from). Bitcoin however is kinda primitive and does not have any encrpytion traits of the like of Monero so the government for example can choose to track payments and they can see then track how much funds are in the wallet, where money is being sent. A lot of places in the US require ID and stuff to buy bitcoin, but there are still plenty of ways you could anonymously get bitcoin and a wallet, which means you could then use bitcoin anonymously. 

On 11/10/2018 at 4:58 PM, TheKDub said:

The FBI has way bigger fish to fry than some dude that lost $25 because they used a sketchy site and likely got scammed.

You'd be better off just moving on and learning from the mistake.

Agreed, no one is bothering over $25, its a total loss for OP unfortunately.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

On 11/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, shmoochie said:

read the replies they exist for a reason I already said, I got scammed selling on ebay and didn't paypack the money for a long time so they banned my account, i eventually paid it off but it didn't help, I lost money + items + seller fees I was made to pay.

I once had a buyer try to scam me by claiming my GPU was artifacting, when I thoroughly tested it beforehand. I disputed the return with eBay, they sided with the buyer. I pleaded my case that this was false that it was tested previously, and showed that I have 99% positive ratings on like 50 sales, almost all of which were various computer parts. eBay say considering my excellent seller history, they decided to change the decision, and gave me my money as well as refunding the buyer, and said I would receive no penalty for the return and it would be viewed as if the case was ruled in my favor. so eBay just ate the cost of the $100 GPU.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]