what is this port on the rgb led controller?

Flawizz
Go to solution Solved by Defyant,

wow just wow....

There's even a heading at the bottem of the product page you just linked that says 

EXTRA INFORMATIE

and under it is 

Download specificatie sheet

if you open it it reads 

Specifications & Packing Information

Product Name MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB 3 in 1 with RGB LED Controller Product Number MFY-F2DC-113PC-R1 Fan Profile Red, Blue, RGB Dimensions 120 x 120 x 25 mm(4.7 x 4.7 x 1 inch) Fan Speed 650-1,100 RPM ± 10% Air Flow 48.8 CFM ± 10% Air Pressure 0.88 mmH2O ± 10% Noise Level 6 – 20 dBA MTTF 490,000 Hours L-10 Life 70,000 Hours Fan Connector 4–Pin Rated Voltage 12 VDC Rated Current 0.17 A Safety Current 0.4 A Power Consumption 3.84 W Weight 162 g RGB LED Controller Dimensions 90 x 53 x 14mm (3.54x2.08x0.55 inch) LED Connector 4 Ports Interface 9-Pin USB 2.0 Connectors Power Connector SATA Power Software Yes Accessories 450mm RGB LED Extension Cable x 4 600mm USB 9 Pin Extension Cablex1 Metal Screw x 12 Warranty 5 Years

Hope this helps.

That's not a USB port, it's a 4 pin fan header.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

The usb port is for connecting it to the USB header on your motherboard

Just now, r2724r16 said:

That's not a USB port, it's a 4 pin fan header.

Its USB, the text USB gives it away :D 

Just now, Dujith said:

The usb port is for connecting it to the USB header on your motherboard

Its USB, the text USB gives it away :D 

ok usb, but where do i find the cable, it also doesnt look like a usb, it goes to the usb header on the mobo i think. 

2 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

ok usb, but where do i find the cable, it also doesnt look like a usb, it goes to the usb header on the mobo i think. 

Yes, it will be a 4pin on 1 end and at the other end an USB Header connector:

headerusb.PNG

Just now, Dujith said:

Yes, it will be a 4pin on 1 end and at the other end an USB Header connector:

headerusb.PNG

and it comes with the 3 pack? or do i have to buy it seperately

Well on the Megekko site (good seller) i found your answer maybe. To bad the pictures are of low quality.

Screenshot_3.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, Flawizz said:

and it comes with the 3 pack? or do i have to buy it seperately

It comes with the pack

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Well on the Megekko site (good seller) i found your answer maybe. To bad the pictures are of low quality.

Screenshot_3.png

yes i wasnt sure that was the cable, but ty :)

2 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

yes i wasnt sure that was the cable, but ty :)

No problem. And i found that calling them will take away even more doubt. They were pretty nice on the phone when i called them with some questions.

-edit. Okay i might be confused, cus i was looking for their number just to be sure and cant find it anywhere. Might be they called me or another shop al together. Im sorry ofr the possible confusion.

11 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

No problem. And i found that calling them will take away even more doubt. They were pretty nice on the phone when i called them with some questions.

oh really, i never saw a phone number on their site, where did you find it?

11 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

herroepingsrecht binnen 30 dagen wordt gewoon gecrediteerd, dus teruggestord op mn rekening toch?. ik wil eerst de nieuwe fans aankrijgen voordat ik de oude opstuur.

11 hours ago, Flawizz said:

oh really, i never saw a phone number on their site, where did you find it?

Yeah sorry for that, i mightve been a bit stupid. My bad.

11 hours ago, Flawizz said:

herroepingsrecht binnen 30 dagen wordt gewoon gecrediteerd, dus teruggestord op mn rekening toch?. ik wil eerst de nieuwe fans aankrijgen voordat ik de oude opstuur.

Oh im not sure buddy. Ive yet to RMA anything from them. But i guess you can just do that. 
Also im not completely sure what you mean, its not the language. But i get the idea im missing some info. :)

wow just wow....

There's even a heading at the bottem of the product page you just linked that says 

EXTRA INFORMATIE

and under it is 

Download specificatie sheet

if you open it it reads 

Specifications & Packing Information

Product Name MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB 3 in 1 with RGB LED Controller Product Number MFY-F2DC-113PC-R1 Fan Profile Red, Blue, RGB Dimensions 120 x 120 x 25 mm(4.7 x 4.7 x 1 inch) Fan Speed 650-1,100 RPM ± 10% Air Flow 48.8 CFM ± 10% Air Pressure 0.88 mmH2O ± 10% Noise Level 6 – 20 dBA MTTF 490,000 Hours L-10 Life 70,000 Hours Fan Connector 4–Pin Rated Voltage 12 VDC Rated Current 0.17 A Safety Current 0.4 A Power Consumption 3.84 W Weight 162 g RGB LED Controller Dimensions 90 x 53 x 14mm (3.54x2.08x0.55 inch) LED Connector 4 Ports Interface 9-Pin USB 2.0 Connectors Power Connector SATA Power Software Yes Accessories 450mm RGB LED Extension Cable x 4 600mm USB 9 Pin Extension Cablex1 Metal Screw x 12 Warranty 5 Years

Hope this helps.