Apple launches SSD Service Program for select 13" MacBook Pros

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Whereas Apple's having these issues on a large enough scale to institute a replacement program on machines less than a year old.

if you read and quoted my entire post, i addressed this already. Apple sells so many macbooks that if something is wrong with them it's immediately an issue affecting a large number of systems. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Apple sells so many macbooks that if something is wrong with them it's immediately an issue affecting a large number of systems. 

That is not automatically or remotely true.

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i addressed this already.

You didn't. You made an excuse on Apple's behalf with an unsubstantiated and unreasonable claim.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

That is not automatically or remotely true.

really?

You didn't. You made an excuse on Apple's behalf with an unsubstantiated and unreasonable claim.

i'd like to see proof that my claim was unsubstantiated and unreasonable. 

She/Her

28 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Whereas Apple's having these issues on a large enough scale to institute a replacement program on machines less than a year old.

A replacement program for machines less than a year is kinda alarming imo, but they also have to since every machine has the same model of chip and isn't user serviceable.

40 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

you know why? Apple sells so many macbooks that if something goes wrong it's immediately widespread, and the hardcore apple haters like you are always looking for flaws with them. 

i had a platinet ssd die on me last weekend. after about 3 years of use. does that get reported on? no... but it did happen. 

Their sales still don't compare to other manufacturers which aren't having these problems, but alright I guess i'm a hater for looking past the praise of "oh this is good nothing more to see here". 

Not sure why that would be worth reporting on with an SSD that likely isn't having widespread failure after less than a year,and depending on the SSD warranty is what you could expect out if it before a higher chance of failure.

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

really?

i'd like to see proof that my claim was unsubstantiated and unreasonable. 

There is no evidence to support the notion that issues Apple sees are automatically large scale issues due to the scale of their sales. There is no intrinsic correlation between the scale of issues and scale of production.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

There is no evidence to support the notion that issues Apple sees are automatically large scale issues due to the scale of their sales. There is no intrinsic correlation between the scale of issues and scale of production.

prove it.

everytime there is an issue with an Apple device it gets in the news, and the thread about it on here is very active. so either this forum is full of apple haters or something, or i'm wrong... 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

either this forum is full of apple haters

Well it absolutely is. I consider myself relatively neutral (these days anyway), but LTT forum is packed with Apple hate.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, firelighter487 said:

everytime there is an LARGE SCALE OR FUNDAMENTAL DESIGN issue with an Apple device it gets in the news, and the thread about it on here is very active.

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

or i'm wrong... 

You're wrong.

No one cares if one MacBook SSD dies prematurely from a year's run. When there is a large enough risk that Apple is VOLUNTARILY offering free support and they can name specific models at risk, you'll find that, yes, people are talking about it.

Yes, it's an exceptionally good thing that (for once) Apple is actually dealing with an issue without trying to sweep it under the rug first. That does not excuse or justify the issue in the first place.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Yes, it's an exceptionally good thing that (for once) Apple is actually dealing with an issue without trying to sweep it under the rug first. That does not excuse or justify the issue in the first place.

And that's my only problem with this besides their making the laptops unrepairable to the end user on purpose if their SSD fails. It is still a problem no matter how much Apple wants to excuse themselves out of it but it makes you a hater if you don't completely agree with their trying to disregard it as an issue.

How long until they have to issue a service program for the 8950HK model because the heat from the CPU would cause other components to fail? 

Failing keyboards and toasty thermals. This entire lineup is a dumpster fire. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

15 hours ago, bellabichon said:

Hey forum,

Not sure if this is really tech news, but one of my friends sent me this today. Apparently, it just appeared on her screen when she opened her computer this afternoon. Looks like we're just adding to the large pile of documented problems with the new Macbooks. It has all of the classic Apple terminology when talking about engineering failures, like "limited number" and "determined." Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but whatever. 

Capture.PNG.f0d51f84e90582027e673ae94247297e.PNG

Apple be like:

Courage, the Courage to do things nobody likes 

/s

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.