is this a good cooler

snapcrackpop

any cpu cooler that are as good as the Noctua NH-D15 but a different color on amazon only thanks! just looking to use it to oc my i3 8350k back to 5ghz 

Noctua have started producing black coolers. Not sure if they to market yet.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

will also consider aio coolers but just a little worries beacuse my last 1 leaked

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Dark Rock Pro, but honestly is way overkill for you.

what is a good cooler then what about this Thermaltake RIING Silent 12 Pro 170W Intel/AMD CPU Cooler

Phanteks PH-TC14PE? Don't know about the colours but there are some variants.

bro stop making so many posts about pretty much the same thing. just put all this into one post

11 minutes ago, shmoochie said:

bro stop making so many posts about pretty much the same thing. just put all this into one post

sorry it wont let me edit any of my other posts so i just made diffrent ones 

14 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Phanteks PH-TC14PE? Don't know about the colours but there are some variants.

does this work on lga 1151?

Just now, snapcrackpop said:

does this work on lga 1151?

Yes.

it supports -> Intel Socket LGA 2011/115X/1366/775 /// AMD FM1/FM2/TR4/AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (stock back-plate required)

Just now, Mholes said:

Yes.

it supports -> Intel Socket LGA 2011/115X/1366/775 /// AMD FM1/FM2/TR4/AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (stock back-plate required)

ok what do you think is a better deal and has better cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE or DeepCool Captain 360EX RGB  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07711G114/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

4 minutes ago, snapcrackpop said:

ok what do you think is a better deal and has better cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE or DeepCool Captain 360EX RGB  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07711G114/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

The DeepCool Captain 360EX RGB has better cooling. By a few degrees but still it's better.

What cpu?

Im a Aussie gamer on half decent hardware......
desktop

i7 7700k 4.8ghz Msi ProCarbon Z270 gtx 1080 250gb samsung 850 evo 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram 2tb wd black 1tb wd green

laptop:
Msi gs40
i7 6700hq 16gb ddr4 gtx 970m 128gb ssd 1tb ssd

9 minutes ago, Mholes said:

The DeepCool Captain 360EX RGB has better cooling. By a few degrees but still it's better.

ok just deciding now because the air cooler is 25$ cheaper but i wouldnt mind paying that much for the aio just worried about leaking

55 minutes ago, snapcrackpop said:

oc my i3 8350k back to 5ghz 

why dont you get a better cpu at the first place....? z370 + premium cooler... wow

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

why dont you get a better cpu at the first place....? z370 + premium cooler... wow

didnt have that much money when i built my pc as i built a home theater recently 2, i am however upgrading to the new 9th gen i7 or i5 and a 2070 or maybe a 2080

8 hours ago, snapcrackpop said:

It depends on what you're looking for in a cooler. For performance and nothing else, the Captain 360EX would be better. The PH-TC14PE would probably be more reliable and quieter. The Riing 12 Silent Pro isn't nearly as good. What case and ram are you using?

You can see relative performance here:

8 hours ago, snapcrackpop said:

sorry it wont let me edit any of my other posts so i just made diffrent ones 

What do you mean? Are you using the Edit button?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.