Seasonic SII vs Coolermaster?

Jaydelta88

Well guys I need ur help.

I mouting a PC with a AMD Ryzen 2600 and a RTX 2070 and I had pre-order the Seasonic SII 620W but alote ppl says I should avoid it (and I do belive in it).

I found 2 other powersupplys in the same price range... https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-cooler-master-mwe-650w-80-bronze-mpx-6501-acaab-eu   

and this one (is cheaper) https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-cooler-master-masterwatt-lite-600w-sleeved-80-mpx-6001-acabw-es

Will it in both cases handle OC and stability?! Sorry to ask! Its urgent since I have to "buy" it tomorrow...

Let me direct you to the following sticky:

I would just see if you can find them on the list and pick the one that is in the highest tier for your needs.

Ah wth I can help a little more I guess. Also note you don't really need 600 watts of power. Your system is pulling around 350watts stock and that MIGHT jump up to 450-500 when overclocking cpu and gpu. So a 550w or higher psu is all you need if you do plan to overclock.

The seasonic is T4

The cooler master mwe (second link) is T4

The cooler master masterwatt (third link) is T3 (not sure if the lite version is same quality as regular masterwatt)

So the last option is the best one of the three you listed.

These are also in your price range and I would prefer them as I have recommended them in many builds. All of them are T3 level.

https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-corsair-cx-650w-80-bronze-cp-9020122-eu

and

https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-corsair-cx-550w-80-bronze-cp-9020121-eu
or

https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-modular-corsair-cx-550w-m-80-bronze-cp-9020102-eu

The cooler master MWE 650 is the better of the three. The other two shouldn’t even be under consideration.

though the MWE lacks a full review.

The Bitfenix Formula or Seasonic Focus are available for a similar price, and way, way better than the original S12ii choice.

If you can't afford a decent PSU, you can't afford that GTX 2070.  

What you're trying to get away with is criminal.

4 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

If you can't afford a decent PSU, you can't afford that GTX 2070.  

What you're trying to get away with is criminal.

Are u saying that the Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 550W isn´t premium for the GTX 2070 then u are crazy and criminal ;)

Ye well, I bought this powersupply and its a good Tire 2 and even superior then a Coolermaster and company who´s just OEM mostly from Seasonic.

I didn´t know about the company and Im mad how ppl "under take" this brand as a low budget one since its on of the best in the market. I could buy a Coolermaster, but in 2018 giving more then 80€ for a Powersupply (a good one) its just stupid and criminal, I spended the same for a XFX Gold in 2009 LOL...

Thats why I asked, didn´t know seasonic but after a good research even M2II is a great one, old but still a great one... I did decide to get a better ofc, was only 8€ diference anyways.

As u say, not everybody can afford every component as premium, otherwise everyone would buy a GTX 2080 with a Intel i7 (overpriced and crap) ye well... ppl forget that only because it doesn´t say "haswell ready" that it is a bad or a good powersupply.

I reached out 6 tech guys, yes, 6, 3 americans and 2 from UK and 1 from here and everybody says that SEASONIC is on of the best choises u can get, Corsair and company are overrated and mostly overpriced.

A good powersupply should cost 80€ a best... thats my opinion!

Thanks!

On 11/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, AngryBeaver said:

Let me direct you to the following sticky:

I would just see if you can find them on the list and pick the one that is in the highest tier for your needs.

Ah wth I can help a little more I guess. Also note you don't really need 600 watts of power. Your system is pulling around 350watts stock and that MIGHT jump up to 450-500 when overclocking cpu and gpu. So a 550w or higher psu is all you need if you do plan to overclock.

The seasonic is T4

The cooler master mwe (second link) is T4

The cooler master masterwatt (third link) is T3 (not sure if the lite version is same quality as regular masterwatt)

So the last option is the best one of the three you listed.

These are also in your price range and I would prefer them as I have recommended them in many builds. All of them are T3 level.

https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-corsair-cx-650w-80-bronze-cp-9020122-eu

and

https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-corsair-cx-550w-80-bronze-cp-9020121-eu
or

https://www.globaldata.pt/componentes/fontes/fonte-modular-corsair-cx-550w-m-80-bronze-cp-9020102-eu

U were a great help, thanks!

I got the Seasonic Focus 80 Gold Plus (550W), was only 8/9€ more and the geek guys that I reached as a second opinion told me for the price and even higher price, this one is a premium and a Tier 2... I wouldn´t regred it.

Well the Seasonic SII was Tier 3, but because it isn´t Haswell Ready they did level it down... but its till a great powersupply and eats many of the Corsair and Coolermaster in the market (all guys that I asked says that)... Well I guess we all live up the hype sometimes.

Thats why I think Intel is overpriced and crap, even if they are good, they are to expensive for what they do. The same goes for some powersupplys...

Overall I was affraid because Seasonic was "new" for me, I always had XFX or Corsair. TO be fair, I never say this "is" the best, because there are no absolute best, there are good PSU and bad ones, like Hummer, LCPower... this are crap...

But thanks to ur guid I found out I had a better choise and then I asked more advice about the PSU and here we got the Gold 80 Plus from Seasonic Focus.

I coulnd´t buy better for even at 120€... because the Watts would be overkill and no need. Quality is for sure, hope I WON´T regred it for sure :S

23 minutes ago, Jaydelta88 said:

I didn´t know about the company and Im mad how ppl "under take" this brand as a low budget one since its on of the best in the market

Anyone recommending Seasonic, just because it's Seasonic, has no credibility. All companies sell crap. Seasonic's crap just happens to be worse and more expensive than much of the other companies' crap. And the S12/M12 II being crap is not based on opinion, but fact. 

could buy a Coolermaster, but in 2018 giving more then 80€ for a Powersupply (a good one) its just stupid and criminal, I spended the same for a XFX Gold in 2009 LOL...

Depends on the priorities. Some want a quieter PSU, for example. Or a better performing one. 

Another tech example: 

The Nexus 4 came out in 2012, and started at a price of $299. The Pixel 3 XL starts at $899. It's a higher price for a newer, and much better product. 

Also, inflation is a thing. 

Thats why I asked, didn´t know seasonic but after a good research even M2II is a great one, old but still a great one... I did decide to get a better ofc, was only 8€ diference anyways.

According to...? DC-DC PSUs exist even in the low end. The EVGA BR, Corsair CX/M and Be Quiet System Power 9 are all low end PSUs, and they are all independently regulated. The S12 II, on the other hand, is group regulated. Meaning it's crap. 

I reached out 6 tech guys, yes, 6, 3 americans and 2 from UK and 1 from here and everybody says that SEASONIC is on of the best choises u can get, Corsair and company are overrated and mostly overpriced.

And how many of those have any knowledge at all about PSUs? I'll take a guess, and say 0. In fact, I'll say my cat is a more reliable source of information for PSUs. Because my cat won't spew out misinformation about topics it doesn't know anything about. 

A good powersupply should cost 80€ a best... thats my opinion!

Opinions can't be wrong, per se. They can, however, be completely ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, Jaydelta88 said:

Well the Seasonic SII was Tier 3, but because it isn´t Haswell Ready they did level it down... but its till a great powersupply and eats many of the Corsair and Coolermaster in the market (all guys that I asked says that)... Well I guess we all live up the hype sometimes.

Tier 3? According to what? It's a crappy PSU because of its lack of protections, loud fan curve and because it's group regulated. 

It's worse than all of Corsair and Cooler Master's more recent PSUs. 

It does not live up to any hype. The hype comes from clueless folks. 

18 minutes ago, Jaydelta88 said:

Thats why I think Intel is overpriced and crap, even if they are good, they are to expensive for what they do. The same goes for some powersupplys...

Oh yeah, the 9980XE is crap, because it costs a lot. Logic over 9000!

No, that doesn't work. Paying a premium for a better product is justifiable. Paying a premium for a worse product, just because it says Seasonic on it, is not. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

19 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Anyone recommending Seasonic, just because it's Seasonic, has no credibility. All companies sell crap. Seasonic's crap just happens to be worse and more expensive than much of the other companies' crap. And the S12/M12 II being crap is not based on opinion, but fact. 

Depends on the priorities. Some want a quieter PSU, for example. Or a better performing one. 

Another tech example: 

The Nexus 4 came out in 2012, and started at a price of $299. The Pixel 3 XL starts at $899. It's a higher price for a newer, and much better product. 

Also, inflation is a thing. 

According to...? DC-DC PSUs exist even in the low end. The EVGA BR, Corsair CX/M and Be Quiet System Power 9 are all low end PSUs, and they are all independently regulated. The S12 II, on the other hand, is group regulated. Meaning it's crap. 

And how many of those have any knowledge at all about PSUs? I'll take a guess, and say 0. In fact, I'll say my cat is a more reliable source of information for PSUs. Because my cat won't spew out misinformation about topics it doesn't know anything about. 

Opinions can't be wrong, per se. They can, however, be completely ridiculous. 

Tier 3? According to what? It's a crappy PSU because of its lack of protections, loud fan curve and because it's group regulated. 

It's worse than all of Corsair and Cooler Master's more recent PSUs. 

It does not live up to any hype. The hype comes from clueless folks. 

Oh yeah, the 9980XE is crap, because it costs a lot. Logic over 9000!

No, that doesn't work. Paying a premium for a better product is justifiable. Paying a premium for a worse product, just because it says Seasonic on it, is not. 

At the end, its now about "who" knows more then other but "who knows in fact".

I don´t know much so I can´t debate based on facts. I only debate from what I heard.

My buy was a good one. A good PSU costs about max 100€ for a single GPU setup and a good CPU.

Premium is just bullshit as saying Apple is premium for the price products they have.

Its all about balance and quality for the "reasonable price" and most ppl are the cause of the high prices (atleast thats what I think) of many products, they are expensive but they still buy it. Its the same as saying: Only poor ppl buy AMD. Alote reviews and benchmarks gives for example the Intel a big jump and let the AMD behind, most of them can´t be even "true" because they aren´t.

Example: AMD Ryzen 5 is a middle range product for me, it isn´t TOP notch ofc... but a good price/perfomance. Intel i5 is alote overpriced and thats a pure fact. Its the same as a iPhone in europe costs about 1300€... lol because premium quality crap? Nope...

Its not about premium, its about prices and how most of the things are overrated (even as u say, Seasonic and company).

Most ppl find that only because X is cheaper and that Y is more expensive that its better. Its just a fake statement. Life doesn´t work that way.

Ofc if u have a SLi setup or a workstations u need to spend more then a 100$ in a PSU... thats the same as saying "good airflow" in a case, yep thats true, I had a bad experience with a Node 202 and yes I was warned... it was expensive but had less airflow... price doesn´t mean everything as well as "company names".

Not that I suporte more X or Y, in the end I only wanna a good price/ perfomance thing.

I´ll give u that about S2II, he was very loud according to a friend of mine and old, yep it was... over my choise I do belive it would be a bad "move" to buy it... BUT not with the Focus Gold Plus. And if u say it was a wrong choise, well, can´t help there, I had atleast 6 guys who know as much as many guru guys in this world and told me to go for it... (Focus Gold Plus ofc!).

Love how ppl judge because he buys a good GPU and a poor PSU (not my case but it could be).

Im happy that I did ask and I got a good reply form 2 users who def know what they are saying ... was making a mistake to buy a loud PSU and a old one too!

;)

4 hours ago, Jaydelta88 said:

Are u saying that the Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 550W isn´t premium for the GTX 2070 then u are crazy and criminal ;)

I'm responding to your OP asking if S12 II or CM MWE is something worth consideration.

Focus should be fine.