Bottlenecking

Go to solution Solved by DOGEY,
4 minutes ago, Anderwear said:

I heard a gtx 1050 bottlenecks a i3-8100

What?! 1050 Bottlenecks i3-8100?! My 1050 doesn't bottleneck my i5-8400 on any of my games. Don't downgrade the cpu.

I heard a gtx 1050 bottlenecks a i3-8100. What are the viable options to downgrade my cpu? I3-8100 is very good for its price, but if i don’t want that much performance, what are the cpus that will go well with gtx 1050 as well as save some money? (Intel preferred, not must)

1 minute ago, Anderwear said:

that's totally not true. it really depends on the game, the settings and resolution. why not get a good cpu if you have the money for it?

4 minutes ago, Anderwear said:

What?! 1050 Bottlenecks i3-8100?! My 1050 doesn't bottleneck my i5-8400 on any of my games. Don't downgrade the cpu.

32 minutes ago, Anderwear said:

I heard a gtx 1050 bottlenecks a i3-8100. What are the viable options to downgrade my cpu? I3-8100 is very good for its price, but if i don’t want that much performance, what are the cpus that will go well with gtx 1050 as well as save some money? (Intel preferred, not must)

I just posted earlier today about bottlenecking. I have an i5-3570k and an rx 580 8gb and I have no bottlenecking what so ever, so I don't think an 8th gen i3 would do that?

27 minutes ago, DOGEY said:

so what you're saying is your 1050 is not at 100% but your i5 is? or that they're both at 100%?

but yeah, don't downgrade CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, rexy2346 said:

I just posted earlier today about bottlenecking. I have an i5-3570k and an rx 580 8gb and I have no bottlenecking what so ever, so I don't think an 8th gen i3 would do that?

there's always a bottleneck

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

that they're both at 100%

Yes, they are.

13 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

there's always a bottleneck

You are right. But sometimes it can be small. 

6 minutes ago, DOGEY said:

Yes, they are

That's actually quite nice. I build a system with an i7 4790s and a 1070, and in overwatch they were both at 85% usage, very satisfying.

Primary PC:

https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator

I tested it at his website. (Btw, im planning to buy, not bought.)