The reason Linus left NCIX led to the fall of NCIX

Hongky98

I watched Linus NCIX bankrupcy video and the introduction of new tech show and I was wondering what is the reason why he left and the controversy between Linus and NCIX

He left because he wanted to start his own company. At the time NCIX was doing fine as far as I know.

NCIX later went bankrupt because its market is slowly dying - companies like Amazon are eating up their customer base.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

there isnt any controversy.

they split paths as NCIX didnt want to spend money on the youtube channel which had relativly low production values. they seperated and Linus did LTT as he wanted to pursuit that youtube channel instead. 

that is how LTT came to be pretty much.

NCIX fell because of bad sales and so fourth, eventually leading to bankrupsy. 

He says he let it go... but I always do wonder if Linus got the tech tips play button from that kid...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Just now, Ross Siggers said:

He says he let it go... but I always do wonder if Linus got the tech tips play button from that kid...

I actually found that part very funny, why would someone get someone elses trophy? (unless he was planning on resaling it on ebay) lmao.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

45 minutes ago, Levent said:

I actually found that part very funny, why would someone get someone elses trophy? (unless he was planning on resaling it on ebay) lmao.

Yeah, if it was me I would probably not have given up on it. Kid's probably flexing on his friends using someone else's accomplishments.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

6 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

Yeah, if it was me I would probably not have given up on it. Kid's probably flexing on his friends using someone else's accomplishments.

In the video, Linus said that silver button could easily be rebadged, and the guy never received one from his channel.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

12 hours ago, Hanzo Hasashi said:

I watched Linus NCIX bankrupcy video and the introduction of new tech show and I was wondering what is the reason why he left and the controversy between Linus and NCIX

Linus wouldnt tell you that, that info is only between him and the employee's of the time. It could be that he just made up some cookie cutter excuse, like most do and Linus would be in the position to tell a cookie cutter explanation as to not go to one extreme or the others and piss off his fans.

Honestly though, that kid's channel is crap.

I'll never be able to find it, but he did cite in a video somewhere a difference of opinion in the direction of NCIX as part of his reason to go.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

I'll never be able to find it, but he did cite in a video somewhere a difference of opinion in the direction of NCIX as part of his reason to go.

Yeah i 'member too. I think it was on a wan show, but not sure.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

On November 5, 2018 at 6:20 AM, Levent said:

Well, if I remember correctly, it would be buying a trophy you should have gotten for your accomplishment, so that you have the trophy you earned but never got.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

NCIX failed because it was ran into the ground.  

They did literally nothing to stay current.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

NCIX suffer from the same mistake as the blockbuster.  They neglect the internet commerce 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

No way to know why he left but he did mention (though never said these were the reasons he left NCIX) that he had some differences of opinion regarding the direction that NCIX should take to compete with the likes of Amazon and his input was not being taken seriously. I can imagine that it would be frustrating for an ambitious guy in tech to see the business he works for fail to innovate. Also by then he was probably underpaid as the face of NCIX but his brand was solid and he was pretty good in front of a camera, so everything just kind of lined up for him to do his own thing. Ambition, talent, and experience in management from running a department at NCIX.