EVGA reveals their first gaming mouse including RGB lighting! EVGA TORQ X10 Carbon

Source: http://www.evga.com/articles/00817/

EVGA TORQ X10 Carbon

Slide5.jpg

It features RGB lighting controllable in their own software called "EVGA Unleashed".

It's made out of real carbon. At least some parts.

Adjustable parts in the back of the mouse to hold your palm in the spot you want it to be hold.

It also has a metal base and adjustable weights directly under the mouse buttons.

Slide8.jpg

I think it looks okay. I still prefer the looks of the Madcatz Cyborg lineup (I'm probably one of those very few people).

I'm afraid that the palm rest is wobbly and doesn't feel good. I experienced that with the Razer Ouroboros.

I think the RGB lighting is very useless, because there are fixed colors on the mouse anyways.

Why'd you choose blue lighting if the thumb buttons are red..

That makes no sense to me.

Anyways I'm surprised that EVGA jumps into the peripheral market, but I also hope that this won't be another bad quality gaming mouse on the market.

Edit: Why did they use such awful font for the picture captions :/

I feel like the carbon fibre age is over, just looks tacky now

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Kind of reminds me of the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. 

Looks pretty nice, but I just bought a M95 to replace my M.M.O 7 and I won't be changing for a long time. 

Meh carbon fibre I would have liked an aluminium and dark grey look personally

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Company naming schemes - brand - cool word - letter - number = product name :P  :D

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Some love it, some do not.

I heard MKBHD saying he'd love a car completely made out of carbon fibre.

Company naming schemes - brand - cool word - letter - number = product name :P  :D

Whoops. Forgot to include the name in my post.

Edited.

Their control program looks very promising to me, but I don't really like the carbon fiber.

Their control program looks very promising to me, but I don't really like the carbon fiber.

I personally hate those control softwares. They look ugly which always leads me to the assumption that it's bad and is just gimmicky and doesn't work.

I like Microsoft's approach. I think you can bind your Macro keys to whatever you want directly in the control panel. Not sure though. Used the Sidewinder X4 for just 2 months.

More moving parts = breaking faster...

While it does look nice, I don't think the glossy carbon fibre is a good choice. A rough carbon fibre finish would have been better for people with clammy hands.

This is worry some to me in a why , they make great graphics card with out advertising the components like other companies (asus,msi)

The make a great case and power supplies, yes , and had a rocky start with motherboards . I just feel like the are going to loose the quality because they are expanding to unrelated sections of the market. For example , corsair, is ram and periphials. The do very well. Asus is a full system builder minus cooling, ram, and psus. But look at their cases, Not very good. Keyboards, who cares . Mice , no good either.

But I fully understand the company's wanting to expand, I'm just worried about quality going down

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

THAT IS SEXY AS HELL.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Meh carbon fibre I would have liked an aluminium and dark grey look personally

The difference is that aluminium goes all horrible after it's been touched. Carbon fibre doesn't. It's a good design and practicality decision to be honest. Also EVGA has carbon fibre all around it's logo's and other stuff so it makes sense. I am interested in this mouse as I can't find any that I like. I have lost all hope in Razor as my taipan has never worked too well from the start of buying it (I can't be arsed to RMA it) so I might actually buy this mouse if it's under £100 that is. I would also love to see EVGA make a full sized case and keyboard to because I think they could do a very good job at it. EVGA are renowned for their quality and very good customer service so I am happy to see them venture out of just doing motherboards and Nvidia graphics cards.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

ok seriously...

/rantmode

IF YOU'RE GOING TO TOOT ABOUT RGB LIGHTING CUSTOMIZATION, WHY DO YOU PHYSICALLY PAINT PARTS OF THE MOUSE. ALL YOU DO IS THROW OFF COLOR SCHEMES FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO USE A DIFFERENT RGB COLOR

/endrantmode

I'm not a fan of adjustable mouse sizes, but I'm glad to see another name in the competition. 

ok seriously...

/rantmode

IF YOU'RE GOING TO TOOT ABOUT RGB LIGHTING CUSTOMIZATION, WHY DO YOU PHYSICALLY PAINT PARTS OF THE MOUSE. ALL YOU DO IS THROW OFF COLOR SCHEMES FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO USE A DIFFERENT RGB COLOR

/endrantmode

I almost marked this post as solved. This is just so fucking true... Why did they do that :/

I always though it was tacky, but then I never want for the flashy G@M3RV style. EVGA really wants to expand and power to them, competition is great. I just hope they bring quality, didn't like their case at all (no cable managing + window = ugly IMO).

Plus it's bad in terms of sweat management

34714_01_evga_introduces_its_first_gamin

EVGA introduced the TORQ X10 gaming mouse during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014, featuring a custom laser mouse with a carbon fiber surface, adjustable frame, 512KB memory, weight control system, and 9 programmable buttons. TORQ X10 provides up to 8200 DPI and includes modified drivers that provide button setting assignments.

EVGA hasn't publicly confirmed a release date or pricing on its inaugural gaming mouse.

This is the company's first gaming mouse, but known among gamers and PC enthusiasts, this is a move that could work out for EVGA. The only downside is the sheer number of gaming-specific companies that are producing innovative gaming mice, keyboards, and other peripherals that EVGA has less working knowledge of.

Source:http://www.tweaktown.com/news/34714/evga-introduces-its-first-gaming-mouse-carbon-fiber-torq-x10/index.html

Great to see carbon fiber on a mouse as it looks really nice and cool. Never tired it before so don't know how the grip is and how comfortable it is. Like the black and red rugged design imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looks cool. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I feel like the price is going to be over 9000.....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Man I kinda hate the holes doe

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Real carbon fiber or gtfo.

Jk, looks cool. I might buy it when I need a new mouse if the price is reasonable and the reviews are good.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I'm glad EVGA is making it's way into the peripherals market. Even if it's not good I am excited to see them heading down this path.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |