Soundbar to pair with my existing Home Cinema sound system

elliot447

I want to buy a sound bar to use when watching tv/playing games/watching movies, etc. i currently have a Sony BDV-E4100 system with the 2 tall-boys and 2 side speakers for left rear and right rear. i wanted a sound bar that i could connect to these existing speakers. i currently connect my tv to an Amp via a Optical cable then the Amp connects to the wires of each speaker. if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

why do you want a sound bar? For this use you probably just want a center speaker as you already have left and right speakers and a amp

You can't use a sound bar as well as your current speakers if that's what you're trying to do. Why are you wanting a soundbar? Do you need more HDMI ports? A center channel speaker? A soundbar isn't going to work for what it sounds like you want to do.

You may be looking for a soundbar that does "dolby atmos"? Atmos is that technology that you're thinking of possibly. If you get one of those soundbars, you will not be able to use the rest of your system at the same time.