Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just built new gaming PC

Fosh612
 Share

I just built my gaming pc and connected my PSU keyboard and monitor, but when I turn it on nothing happens on my monitor, my monitor works with my laptop, my fans and all LEDS turn on. I don’t know what to do I am lost

 

build: 

 

Edited by Fosh612
add thingies to post
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gungpae said:

What's your build and where is your monitor plugged into (motherboard or gpu)?

Okay sorry right there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gungpae said:

What's your build and where is your monitor plugged into (motherboard or gpu)?

And it is connected to my GPU cause my cpu has no on board graphics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fosh612 said:

And it is connected to my GPU cause my cpu has no on board graphics

I know ryzen had problems with ram compatibility, but i'm not sure about the newer ones. Try removing a stick and booting it (do at least two boots).

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Gungpae said:

I know ryzen had problems with ram compatibility, but i'm not sure about the newer ones. Try removing a stick and booting it (do at least two boots).

Do I after enter bios to startup my PC???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fosh612 said:

Do I after enter bios to startup my PC???

no, but at the very least it should POST on your monitor. To fix the ram compatibility you just need to flash an update on your bios which you can do after setting up your pc with 1 stick of ram

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

no, but at the very least it should POST on your monitor. To fix the ram compatibility you just need to flash an update on your bios which you can do after setting up your pc with 1 stick of ram

Anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fosh612 said:

Anything else?

if removing the stick of ram didn't work then you might want to check the power connections on your motherboard/gpu/etc...

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gungpae said:

if removing the stick of ram didn't work then you might want to check the power connections on your motherboard/gpu/etc...

I did that, when building, everything snapped in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

if removing the stick of ram didn't work then you might want to check the power connections on your motherboard/gpu/etc...

My CPU led says there is an issue, what do I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fosh612 said:

My CPU led says there is an issue, what do I do?

try resetting your CMOS (if you don't know, refer to your motherboard guide)

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

try resetting your CMOS (if you don't know, refer to your motherboard guide)

I don’t have a jumper cap...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

try resetting your CMOS (if you don't know, refer to your motherboard guide)

When installing cpu, I removed it and redid it... is that an issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

I don’t have a jumper cap...

you don't need a jumper cap, just use a screwdriver to make it come in contact with both pins

 

6 minutes ago, Fosh612 said:

When installing cpu, I removed it and redid it... is that an issue?

what do you mean by redid it?

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Gungpae said:

you don't need a jumper cap, just use a screwdriver to make it come in contact with both pins

 

what do you mean by redid it?

I removed it and reinstalled it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gungpae said:

that's probably not an issue unless you didn't install it properly

I tried resetting it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gungpae said:

not an issue then

I may have done it wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Fosh612 said:

I may have done it wrong.

if you think you made a mistake, then check the pins on the cpu, see if they all seem relatively straight. But I've had this issue with one of my build, which resetting cmos fixed it

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Gungpae said:

if you think you made a mistake, then check the pins on the cpu, see if they all seem relatively straight. But I've had this issue with one of my build, which resetting cmos fixed it

I don’t think i did, I lined up the cpu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Fosh612 said:

I don’t think i did, I lined up the cpu

I think that if it you somehow put it in wrong then the fans, leds etc. wouldn't power on at all. Do you get any CMOS beeps, do you have the speaker connected or is one built in to the motherboard

 

 

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Madgemade said:

I think that if it you somehow put it in wrong then the fans, leds etc. wouldn't power on at all. Do you get any CMOS beeps, do you have the speaker connected or is one built in to the motherboard

 

 

I did not connect speakers...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Madgemade said:

I think that if it you somehow put it in wrong then the fans, leds etc. wouldn't power on at all. Do you get any CMOS beeps, do you have the speaker connected or is one built in to the motherboard

 

 

My cpu indicator is lit and I don’t know what to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×