Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unsatisfied with your current sound quality?

DukeJukem
 Share

Not sure if anyone knows of this software but its a must for me. https://www.fxsound.com

 

that little beast of a program can enhance audio on the fly for your entire operating system. 

 

ever feel like your volume is just too low and you cant jam out to your music the way u want even with your headset on full blast? hit that dynamic boost button and drag the slider all the way up and boom +30% volume instantly even if your speakers/headphones are set to 100% in windows, yes this also gets louder than the loudness enhancement in windows.

 

u ever feel like the voices in your music or the videos you watch seem low or washed out (lack of treble quality) well then just enable the fidelity option to make those voices pop and become crystal clear without ruining the other sounds.

 

this obviously sounds like an advertisement, but this is honestly a must have software for anyone who doesn't have a professional sound card. and no, these new realtek hd garbage thats built into motherboards isnt good sound. realtek is complete trash and always will be.

 

using fxsound in combination with the default windows sound driver from microsoft will produce a much better sound experience than any realtek driver you have installed. i'll bet my pc on it. 

 

this software isn't free, but it's quite easy to find someone "sharing" it. there is a trial but it won't let u drag those sliders i mentioned all the way, but even so, you notice a big difference and fall in love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

I honestly thought you worked for FXsound, and honestly this statement didn't help.

yea and linus sponsors stuff in all of his videos yet he doesn't work for those companies does he? he actually gets paid for his advertising unlike myself.

 

considering the software has a trial and i basically said you can easily torrent it, i highly doubt i work for fxsound lol. nice one though. "i work for this company that makes this amazing software, go steal it." 

 

yea ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

yea and linus sponsors stuff in all of his videos yet he doesn't work for those companies does he? he actually gets paid for his advertising unlike myself.

 

considering the software has a trial and i basically said you can easily torrent it, i highly doubt i work for fxsound lol. nice one though. "i work for this company that makes this amazing software, go steal it." 

 

yea ok

I just mean in the way you worded it. Seems very much like an add because you're giving situations and solutions to the situations.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

 

 

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

 

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dujith said:

So not only are you advertising it. But also saying how to pirate it? :D 

I think the problem is that the whole posts reads like a bad infomercial and that why ppl latch onto that.

technically i didn't say how. so that's over. people can view it as a bad infomerical all they want while i sit here listening to a better audio experience than they are ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

I just mean in the way you worded it. Seems very much like an add because you're giving situations and solutions to the situations.

how else would one word something in order to make something sound worth using sir? that's how a proper presentation works. you bring up the issues people are experience and you point out the ways they're fixed by said program in this case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

yea and linus sponsors stuff in all of his videos yet he doesn't work for those companies does he? he actually gets paid for his advertising unlike myself.

 

considering the software has a trial and i basically said you can easily torrent it, i highly doubt i work for fxsound lol. nice one though. "i work for this company that makes this amazing software, go steal it." 

 

yea ok

Hey, 

It happened to me too on reddit recently, don't worry about it.

I tried it out and it's alright but I can't justify buying it for that much as I have razer synapse which can create a similar effect but thanks for sharing anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DukeJukem said:

if anyone can figure out how to get the word out about software that isn't free without calling it advertising, you go ahead and let me know :). oh wait.....u can't.

 

an unsolicited post telling people to use it alone is suspect , and your attitude definitely makes me not want to follow your word now.

telling people to go out and use software they didn't ask for is what makes it reek of advertisement.

You don't see us making random lone posts about how people should use winrar or vlc. We recommend them as needed should someone have the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DukeJukem said:

while i sit here listening to a better audio experience than they are ?

Meh,

Audio experience is a very personal experience,  what may sound good to you might sound bad to anyone else.

Or they might not even hear a difference. I always am wary with software solutions. In the end its still the same hardware and can only be improved by that much with different equalizer setting (what that software in essence does)

 

Its the same with the 100Hz tv's a while ago. Since the source was 50Hz it was nothing more then a trick which was marketed as the best thing since sliced bread :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@DukeJukem Looking at the site... they are full of fluff

 

They claim they can make your mediocre headset have "Booming bass and crystal clear audio." This is just a fancy EQ system. It can't make your speakers magically better, it can enhance the sound a little and maybe boost the level of somethings like footsteps etc. The problem is there are plenty of other software out there that do that and some of them can be had for free or as part of a motherboard/soundcard bundle.

 

Then there is the fact this is only a software solution and software can only do so much. Hardware is where you need to invest to get high end audio.. that is why so many people run high end receivers and dacs off of their machines. Same for the speakers, software can't make your 2 dollar earbuds sound amazing... that requires you spending the money on a good output setup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Hey, 

It happened to me too on reddit recently, don't worry about it.

I tried it out and it's alright but I can't justify buying it for that much as I have razer synapse which can create a similar effect but thanks for sharing anyways.

thanks for the info sir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound volume =/= sound quality.

Boosting the volume like that simply degrades the quality even further.

If it's not loud enough you need to buy a dedicated amp.

Software workarounds are not a replacement for proper hardware.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Looking at the site... they are full of fluff

 

They claim they can make your mediocre headset have "Booming bass and crystal clear audio." This is just a fancy EQ system. It can't make your speakers magically better, it can enhance the sound a little and maybe boost the level of somethings like footsteps etc. The problem is there are plenty of other software out there that do that and some of them can be had for free or as part of a motherboard/soundcard bundle.

 

Then there is the fact this is only a software solution and software can only do so much. Hardware is where you need to invest to get high end audio.. that is why so many people run high end receivers and dacs off of their machines. Same for the speakers, software can't make your 2 dollar earbuds sound amazing... that requires you spending the money on a good output setup.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand my whole point of this software was for people WHO DONT HAVE HIGH END AUDIO CARDS. you don't have to explain to me that software can only do so much.......i know this. you're talking about how u can only achieve a high sound quality with better audio hardware, yet my post was for the people who don't have high end audio cards that want a similar experience, yet you're telling me about high end audio hardware. why lol. yet another reason for me to have an attitude because people can't read what i write down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Looking at the site... they are full of fluff

 

They claim they can make your mediocre headset have "Booming bass and crystal clear audio." This is just a fancy EQ system. It can't make your speakers magically better, it can enhance the sound a little and maybe boost the level of somethings like footsteps etc. The problem is there are plenty of other software out there that do that and some of them can be had for free or as part of a motherboard/soundcard bundle.

 

Then there is the fact this is only a software solution and software can only do so much. Hardware is where you need to invest to get high end audio.. that is why so many people run high end receivers and dacs off of their machines. Same for the speakers, software can't make your 2 dollar earbuds sound amazing... that requires you spending the money on a good output setup.

Could not have said it any better. I'm surprised at just how much it did change the audio but I really don't think the price is justifiable when there are so many ways you can achieve the same thing with other software that doesn't cost you anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DukeJukem said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand my whole point of this software was for people WHO DONT HAVE HIGH END AUDIO CARDS. you don't have to explain to me that software can only do so much.......i know this. you're talking about how u can only achieve a high sound quality with better audio hardware, yet my post was for the people who don't have high end audio cards that want a similar experience, yet you're telling me about high end audio hardware. why lol. yet another reason for me to have an attitude because people can't read what i write down

They are not comparable though. That is the problem. You are making it sound like this software can make your setup sound like a high end soundcard which is completely false. If that was the case then no one would be buying high end sound equipment.

 

It can improve your experience a little if you have no other EQ options, but once again there are other options and some of them are free and do basically the same thing. The claims this site is making is just to push sales... looking at the fact they use to be DFX Audio Enhancer and have now changed over to this and our giving those users a discount, but they are still having to pay again after buying a lifetime subscription there.... then there is the fact this in there faq...

 

Do I have to buy new versions when updates come?
Outside of major overhauls to FxSound, all updates come included with your lifetime purchase.
 
So these two little bits of information make me thing they are just a money grab operation. They sale these lifetime memberships, then change their name or product a little and then recharge everyone to repurchase it (with a small discount). This doesn't look like a company on the up and up.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Sound volume =/= sound quality.

Boosting the volume like that simply degrades the quality even further.

If it's not loud enough you need to buy a dedicated amp.

 

I've used the software for a bit longer and I'm actually feeling pretty weird with it on. 

I prefer not using it for long periods of listening i think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

They are not comparable though. That is the problem. You are making it sound like this software can make your setup sound like a high end soundcard which is completely false. If that was the case then no one would be buying high end sound equipment.

 

It can improve your experience a little if you have no other EQ options, but once again there are other options and some of them are free and do basically the same thing. The claims this site is making is just to push sales... looking at the fact they use to be DFX Audio Enhancer and have now changed over to this and our giving those users a discount, but they are still having to pay again after buying a lifetime subscription there.... then there is the fact this in there faq...

 

Do I have to buy new versions when updates come?
Outside of major overhauls to FxSound, all updates come included with your lifetime purchase.
 
So these two little bits of information make me thing they are just a money grab operation. They sale these lifetime memberships, then change their name or product a little and then recharge everyone to repurchase it (with a small discount). This doesn't look like a company on the up and up.

for the love of god.....why are u still telling me that fxsound with a shit sound card + mediocre headset vs a 200 dollar sound card and a 600 dollar headset are nowhere near the same? u didnt say those exact words, but u may as well have and i understand theyre not the same. using a software like fxsound will enhance your current cheap setup to the point that it will sound like a high end system in comparison to what it was previously, is what im saying. im not saying itll sound exactly the same as a thousand dollar sound setup. nowhere did i say that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

using a software like fxsound will enhance your current cheap setup to the point that it will sound like a high end system

Is the type of statement you keep making. It will not sound like a high end system is MY point. It will sound like a cheap setup with a sound filter on top. It will allow you to add more bass, more treble, more mids, etc. The problem is that if you are using a cheap headset now that bass is going to blow your speaker or make it sound like distorted crap. You turn up your treble and now it sounds like a constant hiss that cuts in to your brain.

 

Also if you are using a cheap sound card that has terrible distortion values this isn't going to magically clean up the signal so it sounds crisp and clear... it can help remove a little of the distortion, but it will still sound muddy and far from "crystal clear." It is just like their site talking about how this produces "High Resolution Audio" when the truth is that is completely dependent on your source.

 

lastly I see they offer 3d sound, but that is something that windows 10 has introduced 2 variants of for FREE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

lastly I see they offer 3d sound, but that is something that windows 10 has introduced 2 variants of for FREE.

2

Windows Sonic and ...?

Dolby Atmos isn't free if that's what you were on about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Windows Sonic and ...?

Dolby Atmos isn't free if that's what you were on about.

It has been free on all of my machines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@DukeJukem I think if you want to avoid this type of thing in the future and not come off as advertising and the like.... just write up a review. Just take a few minutes and write up a detailed review of the software, your experience, and your recommendation of it. Then it comes off as helpful and doesn't look like you are pushing something.

 

Then work on your attitude. You don't need to be getting all worked up and talking about knocking peoples teeth out. Also don't mentioned stuff that violates the rules either (you should know what I mean on this).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

-= Thread Locked =-

 

I believe this thread has run its course.

 

That said, posting a topic that in a way appears to advertise is not encouraged and as such posting advertisements are not allowed in this forum. Beside this, stating that 

Quote

 but it's quite easy to find someone "sharing" it

is a way of encouraging piracy of which is highly discouraged and not allowed to in this forum.

 

Lastly let's not have conversations that spiral into an argument as it is frowned upon as well.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

 

Spoiler

  

 

 

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

 

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

 

My phones are a Samsung Note 20 and a Samsung S9+

 

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

 

 CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×