New build on an old system

Alright, I tried to just do a small upgrade on my PC buy putting in a RX 580 8gb GPU into my system... needless to say it didn't work. For what ever reason my card wasn't working properly and I had to return it. So now I'm thinking of just taking my system as it is and just upgrading almost everything in it. As black friday and cyber monday roll around I feel this is one of the better parts of the year to be buying parts for a PC.

My current specs:

Processor: Intel i7 6700 running at 3.4 hz

Graphics: NVidia GTX 745

RAM: 16GB of something

Storage: 2 TB Hard Drive

MB: Intel Z170

Cooler: Stock Intel

PSU: Non-Modular Dell 450 watt

Model #: Dell XPS 8900 Series

Peripherals:

Monitor: HP 1920x1080 - 60Hz

Keyboard: Cooler Master 'Mem'chanical Keyboard

Mouse: Some random RGB one 

What I plan on putting into the system:

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076RT2ZVV/?coliid=I2VE8A1QNK28RY&colid=1MV23MU5XM16X&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0781Z7Y3S/?coliid=I1CTTZTLVD0TZS&colid=1MV23MU5XM16X&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Cooler: Not sure on this one. Will the stock one be fine?

PSU: EVGA 750 GQ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HA3RGE/?coliid=I1O6M3S9WYHLFN&colid=1MV23MU5XM16X&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Case: AreoCool Cylon MidTower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079P1VBDY/?coliid=I12S49P3WA58JL&colid=1MV23MU5XM16X&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

So now that all the nitty-gritty is out of the way... I'm open to suggestions on things that should be replaced in my system or my parts list. I especially want some advice on the CPU cooler and the case, as those are things I have a bit more questions on. Any help would be great!

43 minutes ago, Honeybadgerz17 said:

Cooler: Not sure on this one. Will the stock one be fine

I think a decent cooler upgrade is in order, you could get something low profile and cheap like the Cryorig C7, or just something cheap like the Be Quiet! Pure rock slim. Both would be nice low noise coolers that not only look more stylish than the stock Intel cooler, but also will keep your turbo frequency up.

Other than that, the upgrade looks fine, except you probably don't need a 750 watt PSU. That's overkill. How about a pcpartpicker list with your current parts and planned upgrade?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I think a decent cooler upgrade is in order, you could get something low profile and cheap like the Cryorig C7, or just something cheap like the Be Quiet! Pure rock slim. Both would be nice low noise coolers that not only look more stylish than the stock Intel cooler, but also will keep your turbo frequency up.

Other than that, the upgrade looks fine, except you probably don't need a 750 watt PSU. That's overkill. How about a pcpartpicker list with your current parts and planned upgrade?

Thanks a lot on the cooler suggestions. Also I think i might keep the PSU, $15 extra for another 200 watts seems like a good deal to me. Only worry is that while I dont expect it too, will the extra wattage harm the PC in any way? Finally on the Pcpartspicker list. Are you suggesting that I make one, or just look into other parts lists? Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, Honeybadgerz17 said:

Thanks a lot on the cooler suggestions. Also I think i might keep the PSU, $15 extra for another 200 watts seems like a good deal to me. Only worry is that while I dont expect it too, will the extra wattage harm the PC in any way? Finally on the Pcpartspicker list. Are you suggesting that I make one, or just look into other parts lists? Thanks again!

The extra wattage won't hurt your PC, I just feel like it's $15 that will never see use.

I recommend you make a pcpartpicker list to make the original post easy to read. The links aren't hyperlinks so they can't be clicked, and their prices/names are mixed in with jumbled text. You can just mark all the stuff you're keeping at $0 so the new stuff has price tags.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Honeybadgerz17 said:

No extra wattage won't mess up the pc. I think he meant make make a pcpartpicker.com list. It finds all the cheapest merchants available on the internet (not including eBay but thats not a retailer). Buying everything on amazon isn't always the cheapest.

I put all your parts you have picked out into a list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vzD7nH

In the list, I changed the 1070 Ti to a hybrid since it's cheaper but clocked higher. Go ahead and change it back to a 1070ti FTW2 iCX if you would like but the hybrid will be quieter since its water cooled.

I also changed the storage to an 860 evo since its newer+faster and significantly cheaper.

The case, you had a black case picked so I picked the NZXT h500 matte black. It has room for cable management and comes with 2 fans pre-installed. I think its a good case, I do personally like the NZXT style and brand so I'm biased. I know that there is a corsair carbide 275 "newegg edition" that is like $30 and is supposed to be a good case too, so you can consider that also.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

21 minutes ago, mxk. said:

No extra wattage won't mess up the pc. I think he meant make make a pcpartpicker.com list. It finds all the cheapest merchants available on the internet (not including eBay but thats not a retailer). Buying everything on amazon isn't always the cheapest.

I put all your parts you have picked out into a list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vzD7nH

In the list, I changed the 1070 Ti to a hybrid since it's cheaper but clocked higher. Go ahead and change it back to a 1070ti FTW2 iCX if you would like but the hybrid will be quieter since its water cooled.

I also changed the storage to an 860 evo since its newer+faster and significantly cheaper.

The case, you had a black case picked so I picked the NZXT h500 matte black. It has room for cable management and comes with 2 fans pre-installed. I think its a good case, I do personally like the NZXT style and brand so I'm biased. I know that there is a corsair carbide 275 "newegg edition" that is like $30 and is supposed to be a good case too, so you can consider that also.

Wow thanks a lot! That saves me some time. I was looking into water cooling, but not too sure I wanted to venture into that yet. But that's more for custom loops. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and like to tinker with things so it should be a fun project. Also that case looks solid! Again thanks for all the help all!

32 minutes ago, Honeybadgerz17 said:

Wow thanks a lot! That saves me some time. I was looking into water cooling, but not too sure I wanted to venture into that yet. But that's more for custom loops. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and like to tinker with things so it should be a fun project. Also that case looks solid! Again thanks for all the help all!

The card has the water block pre-installed on it, and you just mount the 120 mm radiator to where a case fan would go and connect the fan to the motherboard. Its probably overkill tbh, but I think its a cool concept

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu