Amazon Customer Returns Video Idea

tseries

So I'm sure most of ya'll have seen those videos where people buy Amazon customer returns.  Linus should buy some just to see how much broken crap comes inside of them

Just now, tseries said:

So I'm sure most of ya'll have seen those videos where people buy Amazon customer returns.  Linus should buy some just to see how much broken crap comes inside of them

now that you said it, I would be interested to see him grab a few pallets and have fun. They would be quick and easy videos and I'm sure enough people would enjoy them

@LinusTech @nicklmg 

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, Jtalk4456 said:

now that you said it, I would be interested to see him grab a few pallets and have fun. They would be quick and easy videos and I'm sure enough people would enjoy them

@LinusTech @nicklmg 

Hang on, what do you mean by "pallets" do you mean whole pallets worth of stuff? wouldn't that get expensive depending on the stuff that is supposed to be inside them?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

1 hour ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

Hang on, what do you mean by "pallets" do you mean whole pallets worth of stuff? wouldn't that get expensive depending on the stuff that is supposed to be inside them?

It's an "auction style" type of purchase, of returned items. Amazon doesn't even bother checking if the item is right or not. So you could get a bunch of empty boxes or the entirely wrong item in a box because people who returned them were assholes.

Shipping will probably cost you as much as what you've paid for it. It says the pallet is worth "x amount" of dollar, but lets face it, when you see the crap in them, it ain't worth that much.
You'd have to be really lucky to get an item that's worth anything, like camera Lens.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

It's an "auction style" type of purchase, of returned items. Amazon doesn't even bother checking if the item is right or not. So you could get a bunch of empty boxes or the entirely wrong item in a box because people who returned them were assholes.
Shipping will probably cost you as much as what you've paid for it. It says the pallet is worth "x amount" of dollar, but lets face you, when you see the crap in them, it ain't worth that much. You'd have to be really lucky to get an item that's worth anything, like camera Lens.

Okay, thanks for the info, that does sounds like an interesting video!

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:01 AM, VegetableStu said:

i'm assuming you came from watching randomfrankp's video? o_o

Or pretty much looked at any trending YouTube video in the last few months...

These "I bought a $x Amazon returns box... You won't believe what's inside!!!?!?" Videos are cancer. Just as bad as the "top 10 life hacks, you won't believe number 6!! Omg!?!" And "can I eat a tide pod while spinning a fidgit spinner and playing fortnite at the same time!?" Videos.

There's another twist on the Amazon return box videos with "I bought a mystery box off the dark web! Let's hope I don't get arrested!!"...

It's all just the same crap. Guy sits in front of a camera for 10 minutes and pulls a bunch of crap that people don't want out of a box and pretends to be excited about getting 60 Christina Aguilera CDs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 10/28/2018 at 7:04 PM, TheClueLessMajority said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y19uuzqDTw

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:53 PM, Spotty said:

It's all just the same crap.

Yeah but Linus can put a silly facial expression on the thumbnail picture for the video.

So you buy a pallet at an auction, so you need not a regular shipper to ship it, you need one with forklift ability on the truck. Then when you get it to the residential address, you will have to pay for the driver to wait for you to unload manually.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah but Linus can put a silly facial expression on the thumbnail picture for the video.

So you buy a pallet at an auction, so you need not a regular shipper to ship it, you need one with forklift ability on the truck. Then when you get it to the residential address, you will have to pay for the driver to wait for you to unload manually.

Could you not own a forklift and unload the whole pallet?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

12 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

Could you not own a forklift and unload the whole pallet?

An owner/renter having access let alone owning a forklift, would be pretty rare. Even if they had access, it would be even harder to transport the forklift to the residential address, unload pallets, then transport it back. There is a caveat, Hertz Equipment Rental does deliver and return equipment, for a fee ;)

11 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

An owner/renter having access let alone owning a forklift, would be pretty rare. Even if they had access, it would be even harder to transport the forklift to the residential address, unload pallets, then transport it back. There is a caveat, Hertz Equipment Rental does deliver and return equipment, for a fee ;)

I didn't say it was likely, I asked if it was possible. . .

I am, of course (mostly) joking.

but it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.