How loud can Z906 go?

Go to solution Solved by johnt,
15 minutes ago, Joshua Galhardo said:

Just to be clear, would be speakers blow before the sub? Or can my sub blow before my speakers?

It's unlikely that any of your speakers are going to blow. A lot of these all-in-one systems protect against such things anyway. Blown speakers are not common.

That being said, it really depends on the signal you're sending to the sound system... bass or treble?

Hey guys, I recently just purchased the z906, but I am way to nervous to give it all that I can because I am afraid I will blow a speaker or the sub woofer.

I was wondering if I could max the volume on every speaker and play music without worries, or is there a safe spot I should not go past? 

13 hours ago, Joshua Galhardo said:

Hey guys, I recently just purchased the z906, but I am way to nervous to give it all that I can because I am afraid I will blow a speaker or the sub woofer.

I was wondering if I could max the volume on every speaker and play music without worries, or is there a safe spot I should not go past? 

The safe spot here is your hearing and comfort. The z906 will eventually distort and cause you listener's fatigue (where you get tired of listening to loud noises). But I wouldn't worry about blowing anything unless you really plan to crank it to max 24/7 regardless of the source. I'm not sure how that can be comfortable for anyone. At that point, you probably bought the wrong speaker setup... maybe it's too small for your room?

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

The safe spot here is your hearing and comfort. The z906 will eventually distort and cause you listener's fatigue (where you get tired of listening to loud noises). But I wouldn't worry about blowing anything unless you really plan to crank it to max 24/7 regardless of the source. I'm not sure how that can be comfortable for anyone. At that point, you probably bought the wrong speaker setup... maybe it's too small for your room?

The speakers are great, but I am one of those people who just love to show off to my friends when I have buddies over, and I wanted to know how loud I could make it without blowing them because the bass shakes shit off my desk and I just love that so much.

11 minutes ago, Joshua Galhardo said:

The speakers are great, but I am one of those people who just love to show off to my friends when I have buddies over, and I wanted to know how loud I could make it without blowing them because the bass shakes shit off my desk and I just love that so much.

Then just do it :) 

And if they blow, buy bigger speakers

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

Then just do it :) 

And if they blow, buy bigger speakers

Just to be clear, would be speakers blow before the sub? Or can my sub blow before my speakers?

15 minutes ago, Joshua Galhardo said:

It's unlikely that any of your speakers are going to blow. A lot of these all-in-one systems protect against such things anyway. Blown speakers are not common.

That being said, it really depends on the signal you're sending to the sound system... bass or treble?

I would imagine blown speakers are an issue if you're pairing speakers from another company with the output of the amplifier/receiver/whatever. I would be surprised if Logitech included speakers in their own kit that couldn't handle the maximum power the unit is capable of delivering.