Is the rtx 2080 ti compatible with my setup?

MysticDragon
Go to solution Solved by DJ46,
Just now, MysticDragon said:

Gigabyte GV-N78TOC-3GD  That one

Also not gonna lie, I bought the founders edition of the rtx 2080 ti. Third party ones are just all sold out

I just noticed that you have a Windforce card before you responded.

A founders edition should fit just fine, but there are a few cooler design that are a bit wider that your current GPU. Lengthwise, most should be similar or shorter.

Just making sure that the rtx 2080 ti will work with my setup, or if it's incompatible. 

Psu: Corsair RM Series RM750
Moba:  Asus H87M-PRO
Case: Cooler Master N300
Cpu: I7-4790

I'm pretty sure it will work, but just asking in case.

The only thing I would make sure is that you have enough clearance for the card. There are some really long cards out there like the gaming trio. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

The only thing I would make sure is that you have enough clearance for the card. There are some really long cards out there like the gaming trio. 

My old card was the 780 ti, pretty big too. Not sure if it's just as big or smaller then the rtx 2080 ti though  

My old card was the 780 ti, pretty big too. Not sure if it's just as big or smaller then the rtx 2080 ti though  

Depends on the model. A founders edition card is nothing compared to a Strix one or similar.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

1 minute ago, DJ46 said:

Depends on the model. A founders edition card is nothing compared to a Strix one or similar.

Also not gonna lie, I bought the founders edition of the rtx 2080 ti. Third party ones are just all sold out

2 minutes ago, MysticDragon said:

The case says up to 320 while the gaming trio is speed at 327mm. It might be able to fit but who knows

I just noticed that you have a Windforce card before you responded.

A founders edition should fit just fine, but there are a few cooler design that are a bit wider that your current GPU. Lengthwise, most should be similar or shorter.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

1 minute ago, MysticDragon said:

Oh then you should be fine. The founders rendition isn't all that big compared to previous flagship 3rd party gpus. 

Alright, thanks!

I hope I won't regret buying the founder edition too much, performance wise. We shall see