Fx 8350 vs i7 4770k Build

So I want to build a PC, but i want to be able to keep the price about the same as i have it in these two builds. I'm trying to decide if this Intel Build would be best, or this AMD Build but i'm not sure which would perform best.

My build is going to be mostly for video editing, 3D Rendering, with moderate to hardcore gaming with friends.

Which would be best, and is there any minor things to improve it without increasing the price too much, or anything to lower the price without sacrificing any performance? (but please don't say "SSD and HDD" i'm fine with the SSHD)

Both of those links are to the Intel build.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

AMD build goes to Intel build, you probably replaced it with the intel build.

So I want to build a PC, but i want to be able to keep the price about the same as i have it in these two builds. I'm trying to decide if this Intel Build would be best, or this AMD Build but i'm not sure which would perform best.

My build is going to be mostly for video editing, 3D Rendering, with moderate to hardcore gaming with friends.

Which would be best, and is there any minor things to improve it without increasing the price too much, or anything to lower the price without sacrificing any performance? (but please don't say "SSD and HDD" i'm fine with the SSHD)

The AMD build is same as the intel build.

Also you will benefit from the i7 when video editing, you may want to consider a better gpu. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Both of those links are to the Intel build.

oops, i'll fix it

3d programs like maya are highly optimized to take advantage of the fx 8 core architecture and the 8350 will outperforrm the 4770k in things like 3d rendering. Plus, it's cheaper. The i7 is better for video editing though. 

What kind of content/work do you do? Programs being used?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

However i would get the amd and spend the extra motherboard money on a better GPU

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

If you are planing on doing a lot of editing, rendering, etc... I would definitely recommend going with the i7 4770k since it will deliver better overall performance compared to its competition. If you have some extra money to spend the 4930K will be an even better option when it comes workstation scenarios.    

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Go with the AMD build, and then spend less on the motherboard and upgrade the GPU to a 280x or a 770.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Go with the AMD build, get a cheaper mobo and spend the extra $130 on a better GPU, would outperform the intel build for same price.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

i7 will be better, but spend more on the GPU (a 760 ain't that capable in gaming) and get rid of the green fans... Green LED fans in a Red and black colour schemed build is directly ugly (I had to get the MOBO I did, but originally I had a Maximus Formula so that's why my own colour scheme is so strange ;) ).

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

a 760 ain't that capable in gaming

Excuse me? A single 1080p monitor. that card will run all games on ultra settings easily

i7 will be better, but spend more on the GPU (a 760 ain't that capable in gaming) and get rid of the green fans... Green LED fans in a Red and black colour schemed build is directly ugly (I had to get the MOBO I did, but originally I had a Maximus Formula so that's why my own colour scheme is so strange ;) ).

Red Green and black is kwanza colors. Don't be hating :P (plus i'll be adding blues, and red green and blue looks pretty good)

But I'm still talking about the combo between the CPU and MoBo, so i thought that the 8350 + the High end MoBo would be about equal to the 4770k

3d programs like maya are highly optimized to take advantage of the fx 8 core architecture and the 8350 will outperforrm the 4770k in things like 3d rendering. Plus, it's cheaper. The i7 is better for video editing though. 

What kind of content/work do you do? Programs being used?

I'm using basic programs right now, but soon i'm gonna be working with Premiere Pro, after effects, 3ds max, and gaming... any game :P

also i fixed the links. i'm really asking about the MoBo and CPU combos in these scenarios 

The AMD build is same as the intel build.

Also you will benefit from the i7 when video editing, you may want to consider a better gpu. 

Well in these builds I'm really asking about the MoBo and CPU combos, because the 8350 is paired with a very high end MoBo, while the 4770k is paired with a very average MoBo

I'm using basic programs right now, but soon i'm gonna be working with Premiere Pro, after effects, 3ds max, and gaming... any game :P

also i fixed the links. i'm really asking about the MoBo and CPU combos in these scenarios 

Whichever you pick depends on what you're focusing on. 

If you're pretty light on both video editing and 3d work, I'd suggest a 8320.

If you're heavy on 3d rendering, get the 8350. If you're heavier on video work, get the i7. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Whichever you pick depends on what you're focusing on. 

If you're pretty light on both video editing and 3d work, I'd suggest a 8320.

If you're heavy on 3d rendering, get the 8350. If you're heavier on video work, get the i7. 

Well which fits a better medium? Like which can do both well in a "heavier" working situation.

Well which fits a better medium? Like which can do both well in a "heavier" working situation.

Both can probably do the job. The i7 consistently performs better. 

Both can probably do the job. The i7 consistently performs better. 

So how well do you think it'll do in this specific build?

So how well do you think it'll do in this specific build?

Not sure how to quantify how well it would do. Look up benchmarks?

Not sure how to quantify how well it would do. Look up benchmarks?

Alright. Thanks i guess :P Thanks for all the other help.

Excuse me? A single 1080p monitor. that card will run all games on ultra settings easily[/quote I got the 760 no problems at all with a i7-3770

ive got a fx 8350 and at the moment ive got a ssd a760 geforce i do tend to some editing, its good and with gaming i can run pretty much any game every high and on a 1080 monitor