Nvidia slowing down performance with new drivers

https://youtu.be/mFSLro_OXLQ 

What do u guys think? I own a GTX 1070 so I'm kinda worried, I can't afford to switch to a different graphics card.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

so i was legitimately reading trough that post finding something that didnt point to "windows is running more shit in the background".. i got to the end, and grinned..

read the thread, soak it in, 'nuff said.

16 minutes ago, sharknado34 said:

I can't afford to switch to a different graphics card.

yes.. nvidia will make your GPU worthless tomorrow, brace for the apocalypse...

/s

surprisingly, GPU manufacturers are the absolute king of long term hardware support, the numbers may not be record breaking each release, but know that things are different elsewhere, i'm currently dealing with making camera drivers from 2009 play nice in windows 10. on the flip side, nvidia's GPUs from 2009 had active support until 2016. the idea they're somehow gimping last gen products is so far fetched over maybe a few % decrease, as if that would somehow boost sales of new products. its simply a matter of fixes needing to be done to the drivers, and unfortunately even nvidia cannot afford a room of wizards to make drivers from pixie dust and unicorn tears.

Already been tested. You can down load old driver and test yourself. I have some saved from 2015, all the same. There may be some bad ones but those are quickly fixed. You don't need to be updating drivers anyway unless you are getting every single new game that they pertain to.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

20 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Already been tested. You can down load old driver and test yourself. I have some saved from 2015, all the same. There may be some bad ones but those are quickly fixed. You don't need to be updating drivers anyway unless you are getting every single new game that they pertain to.

So the question is then, why does that dudes have such a big hit then? Is he just faking it?

1 minute ago, sharknado34 said:

So the question is then, why does that dudes have such a big hit then? Is he just faking it?

Its youtube, just because someone says something doesn't make it absolute. Just look at ltt videos or jay. That should tell you.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

23 minutes ago, sharknado34 said:

He could have faked it by underclocking his CPU(usage seems to be higher so that could be it.), he could have turned the graphic settings up on the right view. He could have underclocked his GPU. Lot's of things that could cause that. BUt no way that the performance hit is that big. I at least don't have such a hit.

1 hour ago, sharknado34 said:

my wild guess is that the drivers went wonky (it does happen, occasionally..) and instead of troubleshooting he went torches and pitchforks. if you want to believe the nvidia forums, i have the only windows 10 machine in the world with an nvidia card that doesnt make FSX crash. Yes, it does that out of the box, but it's literally one setting to flip and it runs as smooth as you'd want it to be, its up to you wether you want a working system, or "5 minutes of fame" on youtube.

So all the 'slowing down' the performance is just fake?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

So all the 'slowing down' the performance is just fake?

Yes

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

I think I am going to look into it myself. I know that sometimes drivers can be installed improperly causing performance hits. (maybe the he didn't uninstall the first one properly and the two conflicted with each other). If I get around to it I shall post my results here. 

Every time we have looked into this it's been false... 

These claims come around EVERY time there is a new launch...

4 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Every time we have looked into this it's been false... 

These claims come around EVERY time there is a new launch...

Indeed. This reminds me of when people were claiming Kepler was nerfed after Maxwell's launch. These days, the GTX980 and 780Ti still trade blows, so that'd be a steaming pile of bull excrement as well.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 10/15/2018 at 2:27 AM, NelizMastr said:

Indeed. This reminds me of when people were claiming Kepler was nerfed after Maxwell's launch. These days, the GTX980 and 780Ti still trade blows, so that'd be a steaming pile of bull excrement as well.

I most certainly hope so. I need this rig to last me at least another 3 years (college is expensive).

On 10/15/2018 at 3:27 PM, NelizMastr said:

These days, the GTX980 and 780Ti still trade blows, so that'd be a steaming pile of bull excrement as well.

Got link?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |