Need PSU Suggestion.....

VEXICUS

I am currently building a new rig fr my friend. He is on a budget of $1300USD. I hv purchased most of the parts. His rig comprises of a 2700x and a Vega 56. Scored a good deal on that Vega 56. Also planned of getting 2 Freesync monitors.

I am currently confused on which PSU should I select.

I have 3 options:

1) Seasonic Focus Plus 650w

2) Corsair Rmx650

3) Superflower leadex II 650w

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

There's a Tier List on the forum, check this one out. It should answer your question. 

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

Just now, Beer_Nontitju said:

There's a Tier List on the forum, check this one out. It should answer your question. 

All of them are tier 1

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Just now, vexicus365 said:

All of them are tier 1

So take the cheapest, or the one with the best "cablemod compatibility"

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

2 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

I have 3 options:

2) Corsair Rmx650

Any of them are decent units. Go with whichever is the cheapest and has the best warranty. The Focus Plus Gold and RMx are both 10 years warranty. The Superflower Leadex II is only 7 years warranty, but that's still pretty decent.

If it helps, the Corsair RMx and Seasonic Focus Plus both have 550W variants that might be a little bit cheaper. You won't need 650W with a 2700x and Vega 56.

(Edit: See post below)

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

RM650x. The 550W version of the RMx only has a single PCIe cable with 2 connectors. The 650W has two cables, make sure to use one connector on each cable for the GPU. The Vega is high power draw, so you don't want to power it through just one cable with two connectors. 

Same goes for the Focus Plus Gold 550W, which is also known to have issues with Vega. 

And the RMx is quieter than the Leadex. 

:)

4 hours ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

It won't, bc all of them are tier 1

please read the question more carefully next time and don't just paste the same thing over and over again

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

RM650x. The 550W version of the RMx only has a single PCIe cable with 2 connectors. The 650W has two cables, make sure to use one connector on each cable for the GPU. The Vega is high power draw, so you don't want to power it through just one cable with two connectors. 

Same goes for the Focus Plus Gold 550W, which is also known to have issues with Vega. 

Idk, I have a friend running the vega 64 OC'd off of a single cable and has no issues whatsoever.

But he has an 850G3 I don't think the 850G3 uses thicker wires or better connectors.

4 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

I am currently building a new rig fr my friend. He is on a budget of $1300USD. I hv purchased most of the parts. His rig comprises of a 2700x and a Vega 56. Scored a good deal on that Vega 56. Also planned of getting 2 Freesync monitors.

I have 3 options:

2) Corsair Rmx650

RMx all day long

and for a $1300 budget I'd consider the RMi considering he has bought everything already.

The RMx of those units since it is the quietest; the RMx is generally considered the best all rounder right now ( @STRMfrmXMN @Stefan Payne am I right)

Also for that rig you'll be fine with a 550w unit, 650w is probably unnecessary unless you're doing very heavy OCs (like shunt-mod stuff)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

5 hours ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

So take the cheapest, or the one with the best "cablemod compatibility"

Not a very good advice, also who told you he is looking for "cable mod compatibility"?

3 hours ago, seon123 said:

Well, I can get a used superflower leadex II 650w from a frnd fr about $35.

It was used fr about 2 months. And comes with a warranty.

I have heard from many review sites that super flower makes some good power supplies.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

14 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

Well, I can get a used superflower leadex II 650w from a frnd fr about $35.

It was used fr about 2 months. And comes with a warranty.

I have heard from many review sites that super flower makes some good power supplies.

killer deal, go for it and make sure the warranty is still valid

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB