Looking for a cheap prebuilt PC for me and my fiance

PaPaNurgle

so i could utilize PCpartpicker and all those other tools but i don't believe you can pay them to assemble it for you. I do not feel up to it with my schedule to do it myself. I'm looking for a good rig for modern triple A gaming for long periods of time within a 1000-1200 usd price range. If you guys could assist me here I'd be much appreciative.

Building yourself is a lot of fun. You telling me you don't have the spare 3 or 4 hours to watch a how to guide online and then stick adult Legos together?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

Why not support a local shop and have them assemble it for you? That way you get something custom with a longer (usually 3 year) warranty, and it's built for you specific application.

That's a great idea, i don't actually know of any local shops near me i blame that on ignorance more or less but i'll look into it now, but if i cannot find one i'd like some recommendations just in case finding that is a fruitless endeavor

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Building yourself is a lot of fun. You telling me you don't have the spare 3 or 4 hours to watch a how to guide online and then stick adult Legos together?

I used to have fun with it, but my time recently is precious and so most my time recently is either spending time planning my wedding or taking my fiance  out so we can relax.

1 minute ago, PaPaNurgle said:

I used to have fun with it, but my time recently is precious and so most my time recently is either spending time planning my wedding or taking my fiance  out so we can relax.

Couples PC build sounds romantic

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Couples PC build sounds romantic

lol glad you think so, and maybe so.. but i'm unsure and would like a second opinion recommendation. Although i'll ask her later today lol.

9 minutes ago, PaPaNurgle said:

lol glad you think so, and maybe so.. but i'm unsure and would like a second opinion recommendation. Although i'll ask her later today lol.

I actually just remembered a build that took a mere 1 hour to build

The case was just so easy to work inside of, and you could easily fill out your budget with a graphics card and CPU upgrade (Unless graphics don't matter, since I imagine a man with such important time doesn't game all too much.)

Primary PC:

i definitely appreciate the picker list here, i used it and upgraded both the cpu and graphics card via pc part picker and saved the build just in case i dont go with a prebuilt.

38 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I actually just remembered a build that took a mere 1 hour to build

The case was just so easy to work inside of, and you could easily fill out your budget with a graphics card and CPU upgrade (Unless graphics don't matter, since I imagine a man with such important time doesn't game all too much.)

noticed something about the case though it doesn't have a PSU cover, why is that?

Just now, PaPaNurgle said:

noticed something about the case though it doesn't have a PSU cover, why is that?

Actually it does, not sure where you see a lack of one. On PCPartPicker it's featured in the third picture.

Primary PC:

Actually it does, not sure where you see a lack of one. On PCPartPicker it's featured in the third picture.

Odd watched a couple videos where the cover isn't shown for the psu...

2 minutes ago, PaPaNurgle said:

Odd watched a couple videos where the cover isn't shown for the psu...

It is removable and some people prefer not to have it

Primary PC:

It is removable and some people prefer not to have it

Gotcha alright, cool.. just writing some notes down for this. I'm curious of your opinion though what you'd go to as a prebuilt pc if you had a choice. Or actually who you'd go with to pay to put together a PC i know you wouldn't personally every pay for that but i ask because i hope you have some knowledge regarding the reputation of certain companies.

Just now, PaPaNurgle said:

Gotcha alright, cool.. just writing some notes down for this. I'm curious of your opinion though what you'd go to as a prebuilt pc if you had a choice. Or actually who you'd go with to pay to put together a PC i know you wouldn't personally every pay for that but i ask because i hope you have some knowledge regarding the reputation of certain companies.

I get paid to make PCs for other people so hopefully I can give you some good perspective.

If I had to choose a prebuilt I'd pick Cyberpower or iBuyPower. Their prices relative to individual parts costs are least headache inducing. You'll see Acer prebuilts that charge such a premium over the individual parts, and Best buy that has a quite small selection of fairly priced machines.

Primary PC:

I get paid to make PCs for other people so hopefully I can give you some good perspective.

If I had to choose a prebuilt I'd pick Cyberpower or iBuyPower. Their prices relative to individual parts costs are least headache inducing. You'll see Acer prebuilts that charge such a premium over the individual parts, and Best buy that has a quite small selection of fairly priced machines.

Fantastic, i knew i was asking the right guy! Thanks for all this information.

Another question for my build alterations

i changed my build to this and i get an error with the CPU cooler with the motherboard but i don't think i understand what exactly the problem is being represented here.

14 minutes ago, PaPaNurgle said:

Fantastic, i knew i was asking the right guy! Thanks for all this information.

Another question for my build alterations

i changed my build to this and i get an error with the CPU cooler with the motherboard but i don't think i understand what exactly the problem is being represented here.

The error being raised is that older 212 packaging won't include AM4 mounting hardware (since it's such an old cooler) so you'll need to request a bracket from cooler master. Whether or not you'd need to pay for it, I'm not certain.

In my opinion, however, the Wraith Prism cooler included with the 2700X is a higher quality cooler. More than sufficient for stock and can handle some overclocking, nice and quiet, as well as stylish with or without the LEDs accompanying it. You may just be better off without the 212 evo, as I personally consider that a "budget" CPU cooler, basically reserved for replacing a stock Intel cooler or cooling a secondhand CPU.

Other than that, the CPU/GPU combo is solid. I use a 1070 myself and am very satisfied.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

The error being raised is that older 212 packaging won't include AM4 mounting hardware (since it's such an old cooler) so you'll need to request a bracket from cooler master. Whether or not you'd need to pay for it, I'm not certain.

In my opinion, however, the Wraith Prism cooler included with the 2700X is a higher quality cooler. More than sufficient for stock and can handle some overclocking, nice and quiet, as well as stylish with or without the LEDs accompanying it. You may just be better off without the 212 evo, as I personally consider that a "budget" CPU cooler, basically reserved for replacing a stock Intel cooler or cooling a secondhand CPU.

Other than that, the CPU/GPU combo is solid. I use a 1070 myself and am very satisfied.

Sorry to randomly join in, but I thought I could add that the am4 bracket for the Hyper 212 Evo is actually free of charge. You can find it here: https://store.coolermaster.com/us/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-am4b-h212-s1

1 minute ago, ThicccBepis said:

Sorry to randomly join in, but I thought I could add that the am4 bracket for the Hyper 212 Evo is actually free of charge. You can find it here: https://store.coolermaster.com/us/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-am4b-h212-s1

Very nice. The asetek AM4 bracket costs a couple bucks, good to see coolermaster supplies one for free.

Also, feel free to weigh in. I don't need to be the only opinion here.

Primary PC:

11 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Very nice. The asetek AM4 bracket costs a couple bucks, good to see coolermaster supplies one for free.

Also, feel free to weigh in. I don't need to be the only opinion here.

Awesome! Just joined the forums today and it's great to see how welcoming you all are. I'm just here to receive some help and give my share of help in return. And Coolermaster happens to supply almost all of their brackets for free. Seems like a good gesture from a big company. Helps save the builder around $10. 

2 hours ago, PaPaNurgle said:

so i could utilize PCpartpicker and all those other tools but i don't believe you can pay them to assemble it for you. I do not feel up to it with my schedule to do it myself. I'm looking for a good rig for modern triple A gaming for long periods of time within a 1000-1200 usd price range. If you guys could assist me here I'd be much appreciative.

If you do end up wanting to build your pc yourself, you can always use Newegg build kits. Gives you good options for your price point and you get to choose the case and platform. But then again, why would you need that when you have these wonderful forums. For prebuilt you could also go with nzxt bld, gives you everything at MSRP. Doesn't matter so much with your budget, but it could make a huge difference once you get into higher end/more expensive GPUs.