Cube World, The Future? Come Play? What Makes a Great MMO?

JLCitadel

(this is a news/discussion thread, talking about the alpha of the game, discussing you think it will be successful, what you think of it, what you think mmos are missing, and what mmos you think will become successful)

Hello everyone, I recently came across an indie game called Cubeworld, which seems to be a mixmash of Zelda, Minecraft, and WoWish features. It takes the cube like charm and open world simplicity of minecraft while combining it with complex interesting questing of zelda and the vast dungeon system of WoW. While the game is still in early alpha and only has two developers, not just that but it's their side project, i feel like the game if it receives more publicity and support could be a fantastic sandbox game.

Here's a link directly to the games site

https://picroma.com/cubeworld

Here's a link to the twitter of Wolfram von Funck one of the developers.

https://twitter.com/wol_lay

I'm rather hopeful to see a game like this take off, so what I'm asking of the community, is to look into the game, see if it interests you, and if it does, come play with me and my friend.

So tell me what you think, will more games like cube world be popular? or will the long awaited wildstar take the reigns from WoW for years to come?

If not cube world or wildstar what do you think these games or mmos in general are missing to pull into the lead?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game had a great potential but from people im hearing thatr they dont update it enough and it got boring fast

The dev fucked off after launch and is now finally starting to talk to the community (6 months after launch)

The dev fucked off after launch and is now finally starting to talk to the community (6 months after launch)

Would it be the time to say better late then never, or do you think it is already too late and going to fail? No chance of a return? What do you think it would take for the game to make a comeback? I figured publicity would probably be what they needed for him to know people want it. Although it seems like people told him they did and he ignored them still. Not quit sure how to think of this situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would it be the time to say better late then never, or do you think it is already too late and going to fail? No chance of a return? What do you think it would take for the game to make a comeback? I figured publicity would probably be what they needed for him to know people want it. Although it seems like people told him they did and he ignored them still. Not quit sure how to think of this situation.

I would say it's to late, I no lifed that game for a week after it came out and got to level 500 100% legit. I give 0 cares about it now.

I would say it's to late, I no lifed that game for a week after it came out and got to level 500 100% legit. I give 0 cares about it now.

Even if development progressed further?

Even if development progressed further?

It would have to be huge and not only get my interest but all my friends for me to care.

I played this alot when it was fresh but I got to a stage where I had done everything and it started to bore me, mostly due to a lack of updates. I really liked the combat system and the character leveling. This game had such a huge potential (still does), such a shame that work stopped on it.

It would have to be huge and not only get my interest but all my friends for me to care.

I'm in the same boat. We played for hours and hours and then a sudden wave of nothing at all washed over for half a year.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP