screwdriver

Txe

If you had a choice would you pick a screwdriver like Linus or a electric screwdriver 

(if there is one that has both pls link it)

i'd pick a normal screwdriver kit, would love to have a ifixit pro toolkit... but my basic screwdriver set would do just fine.

i have used an electric screwdriver before but it was just a big pain in my behind...
its clunky slow and it takes more time to actually get somewhere.
and most things have thumbscrews anyways nowadays.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

No idea what screwdriver Linus has and since you didn't give any sort of link or anything on that, I can't comment on it. That said, why choose one or the other? Why not both? I have all sorts of non-electric screwdrivers, a drill with screwdriver-bits and I've been eyeing on buying an ES121 for working with small electronics, too.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I just bought some kit for like $20 off of Amazon and it works great and has more bits than I need.

2 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

A very useful video once told me the best screwdriver is a Swiss army knife.

and put on as much thermal paste as possible. that bulk thermal compound can be used for something.

An iFixit kit

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

9 hours ago, WereCatf said:

No idea what screwdriver Linus has

The screwdriver has already been mentioned about a million times.

It's some orange snap-on that looks similar to this:

https://i.warosu.org/data/diy/img/0010/88/1480397203920.jpg

https://store.snapon.com/Standard-Handle-8-3-4-Ratcheting-Standard-Screwdriver-P634146.aspx

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

my snapon ones linus uses the same im a mechanic by trade so i have a collection of them

I personally don't like small electric screwdriver, as I can't feel how tight it is screing down. A normal screwdriver is much lighter and I don't have to care about battery life.

Snap-On screwdriver? Am I made of money?!?! :D 

I actually use both. I have a long handled regular screwdriver, but I also have a stubby, ratchet-style one from Draper, that has interchangeable bits and can get in those tight spaces.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

I grabbed a precision screwdriver kit off of Amazon that came with a magnetic driver, an extension, and 58 bits.  It's been great for 15 bucks.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Different tools for different jobs. For a PC, definitely a manual screwdriver as most castings are aluminium and you need torque feedback to not strip the threads.

Electric stuff is for machine work or construction.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:59 PM, akio123008 said:

A very useful video once told me the best screwdriver is a Swiss army knife.

You'll need an Allen wrench too

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB