Windows 10 Boots and crashes after start up, please HELP!

Ryanaj31

Hi All,

I was hoping that some of the people in this lovely community could help me out this problem is driving me mad! 

I know its a known fact at the moment that a lot of people are experiencing boot problems into windows 10.

Once I have booted into windows after 10 seconds or so the system locks up everything other than the mouse freezes, it becomes unresponsive and forces me to do a hard reset.  After I reset the system my Boot SSD becomes un-detected and doesn't show in the BIOS or in the splash Dos screen at the start. The weird thing is if I cut the power to my system completely and restart the SSD shows back up and is detectable?

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance. 

I should also mention that's it doesn't always freeze sometimes it works fine, so this is what makes me think it is a driver issue and not hardware but I am puzzled now. 

7 minutes ago, Ryanaj31 said:

I should also mention that's it doesn't always freeze sometimes it works fine, so this is what makes me think it is a driver issue and not hardware but I am puzzled now. 

we need full system specs including the SSD

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Are you sure you have all the latest drivers?

Also do have the latest motherboard bios? 

Make sure you have all that, if it doesn´t work after that then i cannot help you. 

Windows 10 x64

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.1GHz

MSI  Z170A M3 Motherboard

HyperX Fury 8gb DDR4 (2x4gb) at 2133MHz

OCZ Agility 3 256gb (boot drive)

Sandisk SSD Plus 128gb (secondary SSD/ storage)

Hitachi 1tb HDD 7200rpm (storage)

EVGA GTX 970 SSC

Hope this helps. 

2 minutes ago, Jonas_2006 said:

Are you sure you have all the latest drivers?

Also do have the latest motherboard bios? 

Make sure you have all that, if it doesn´t work after that then i cannot help you. 

I will do an update on the latest chipset drives and also flash the bios and see how that goes. 

30 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

we need full system specs including the SSD

Posted the full specs below on the forum, please take a look 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Ryanaj31 said:

Posted the full specs below on the forum, please take a look 

Thank you. 

try removing all the SATA drives from your motherboard and changing the SATA cable for the OCZ and also change where it's plugged on the motherboard.

if you're still experiencing the same problem then either the OCZ SSD is problematic or it's having issues communicating with your Z170 chipset.

16 minutes ago, Ryanaj31 said:

I will do an update on the latest chipset drives and also flash the bios and see how that goes. 

Good, do that. 

58 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

try removing all the SATA drives from your motherboard and changing the SATA cable for the OCZ and also change where it's plugged on the motherboard.

if you're still experiencing the same problem then either the OCZ SSD is problematic or it's having issues communicating with your Z170 chipset.

If I change the hardware e.g the SATA cable and port and this problem still occurs, do you think that a chipset driver update would maybe solve the compatibility issue? 

1 hour ago, syn2112 said:

Thanks for your help also! 

1 hour ago, Ryanaj31 said:

If I change the hardware e.g the SATA cable and port and this problem still occurs, do you think that a chipset driver update would maybe solve the compatibility issue? 

hey sorry for the late reply :) well since that you don't see your SSD in BIOS when that happens, that tells me that the drivers are completely unrelated, it's a hardware issue.

it could be many things really, it's possible that a BIOS update might fix this, but it's hard to say.

for example a Samsung 860 EVO SSD doesn't work well with the 970 Chipset (AMD FX), it keeps crashing and doing weird things, that's an example of bad communication between the SSD and the Chipset, but your issue doesn't have to be that, it could be also that the SSD itself is defective, or the SATA port is acting weird or the SATA cable.