nzxt phantom full tower & 120mm radiator

Jonshinki

hello just wanna ask if my NZXT Phantom Full Tower, is compatible with 120mm radiator liquid cooler.

11 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

hello just wanna ask if my NZXT Phantom Full Tower, is compatible with 120mm radiator liquid cooler.

Short answer: yes

Almost all cases can fit a 120mm radiator but seeing as you have a full tower, why not get a 240, 280 or even 360 AIO?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

Short answer: yes

Almost all cases can fit a 120mm radiator but seeing as you have a full tower, why not get a 240, 280 or even 360 AIO?

my L bracket is missing with came on the box rip

Just now, Jonshinki said:

my L bracket is missing with came on the box rip

L bracket?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just now, vong said:

L bracket?

yes, so it can hold the 240mm radiator

1 minute ago, Jonshinki said:

yes, so it can hold the 240mm radiator

What model Phantom case is it? I had one a while ago and it didn't need any bracket for radiators.

2 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

Can you mount 2 120mm fans at the top without the bracket?

3 minutes ago, vong said:

Can you mount 2 120mm fans at the top without the bracket?

yeah its 2x 200mm fans that i installed

1 hour ago, Jonshinki said:

yeah its 2x 200mm fans that i installed

Well if you don't need a bracket to mount 2 120mm fans then you should be fine using a 240 radiator without one.

11 hours ago, vong said:

Well if you don't need a bracket to mount 2 120mm fans then you should be fine using a 240 radiator without one.

The brackets are needed to mount fans smaller than 200mm at the top of the original Phantom. 

@Jonshinki Have you tried contacting NZXT for replacement brackets?

If you're getting a new cooler and want recommendations, tell us what cpu and ram you're using, where you're shopping / located, and your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The brackets are needed to mount fans smaller than 200mm at the top of the original Phantom. 

@Jonshinki Have you tried contacting NZXT for replacement brackets?

If you're getting a new cooler and want recommendations, tell us what cpu and ram you're using, where you're shopping / located, and your budget.

its already done with the warranty its been 3-4years. :) thats why im asking for 120mm radiator. im getting h60 2018. for my i5 7700k, im shopping on the local computer store. here on the ph.

5 minutes ago, Jonshinki said:

its already done with the warranty its been 3-4years. :) thats why im asking for 120mm radiator. im getting h60 2018. for my i5 7700k, im shopping on the local computer store. here on the ph.

It doesn't hurt to ask since it's a discontinued case and they probably have them lying around.

The H60 2018 would fit at the rear.

Did you mean i5 7600k or 7700k? Does the store you're shopping from have a store you can link us to?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It doesn't hurt to ask since it's a discontinued case and they probably have them lying around.

The H60 2018 would fit at the rear.

Did you mean i5 7600k or 7700k? Does the store you're shopping from have a store you can link us to?

i mean i7 my bad. no they dont have any link on the shop. and they're just got a limited stocks or brand to sell, how does the fan direct on the rear of the original phantom?

23 hours ago, Jonshinki said:

i mean i7 my bad. no they dont have any link on the shop. and they're just got a limited stocks or brand to sell, how does the fan direct on the rear of the original phantom?

Rear intake would be better for cpu temps whereas rear exhaust would be better for overall system temps. Take your pick.